PDA

View Full Version : Very slow channel changing on Acer Revo. Could Be Network Problem

My Name
March 12th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm adding new hardware to my mythtv setup so I'm posting a shed load of questions lately, so firstly thanks to all of you that have helped.

Well this one is another new glitch. when watching live tv, it is taking 2ish minutes to start the stream, and also to change the channel.
I'm thinking it may be a network problem as I was having trouble getting any live tv until i disabled the firewall. I'm not very network savvy, so I don't really know how to check any of this.
The machine is an Acer Revo with a single core atom and 1G of ram. I know this is a little light but it should be fine as I have a crappy old laptop which has less memory and a non HT processor which has trouble decoding, but changes the channel with no problem. Also Looking at the system analyser I can see the resources are not being pushed too hard.
Just to note, I can watch BBCHD once the channel has tuned in with no problems, so i guess the speed of the network is not a problem.

nickrout
March 12th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm adding new hardware to my mythtv setup so I'm posting a shed load of questions lately, so firstly thanks to all of you that have helped.

Well this one is another new glitch. when watching live tv, it is taking 2ish minutes to start the stream, and also to change the channel.
I'm thinking it may be a network problem as I was having trouble getting any live tv until i disabled the firewall. I'm not very network savvy, so I don't really know how to check any of this.
The machine is an Acer Revo with a single core atom and 1G of ram. I know this is a little light but it should be fine as I have a crappy old laptop which has less memory and a non HT processor which has trouble decoding, but changes the channel with no problem. Also Looking at the system analyser I can see the resources are not being pushed too hard.
Just to note, I can watch BBCHD once the channel has tuned in with no problems, so i guess the speed of the network is not a problem.

what do your logs tell you during this delay?

My Name
March 14th, 2010, 12:12 AM
it's fine now. I swapped the router out and all is well.