PDA

View Full Version : CNR subscription

weatherman
March 11th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Hi, I' ve got a question about CNR. If someday CNR will be available for ubuntu and if I own two computers do I need to subscribe twice to CNR or is one time sufficient? Basically would I need to pay 20 or 40$?

mcduck
March 11th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Hi, I' ve got a question about CNR. If someday CNR will be available for ubuntu and if I own two computers do I need to subscribe twice to CNR or is one time sufficient? Basically would I need to pay 20 or 40$?
When that Linspire guy explained about CNR on the forums I understood that you can use your CNR subscription on any computer you like, even to install things on your friends machines.. (I suppose not for commercial use, anyway.)

I'm not absolutely sure, but you could check it from the Linspire website :)

weatherman
March 11th, 2006, 02:36 PM
When that Linspire guy explained about CNR on the forums I understood that you can use your CNR subscription on any computer you like, even to install things on your friends machines.. (I suppose not for commercial use, anyway.)

I'm not absolutely sure, but you could check it from the Linspire website :)
Ok that's cool tnx.

freedomforme
March 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
well not your friends computers but it is a family license and I think would be whatever is in your house....

aysiu
March 11th, 2006, 05:51 PM
well not your friends computers but it is a family license and I think would be whatever is in your house.... From what I've read at Linspire, I would agree with this--you can use it on several computers in one household.

mstlyevil
March 11th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high yet. It was just a proposal but it may not be feasable for Linspire to do.

freedomforme
March 12th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I dont think it is feasible for a few reasons, legal being one, technical being two! :) Well two could probably be overcome but even that would not be as easy as it seems.... Guess we will see!

Kevin Carmony
March 27th, 2006, 11:26 PM

Linspire uses what we call "family" licensing. This means you can use your CNR Service on ANY computers within your household. Yours, the spouses, the kids, your laptops, etc.

There is a tab in the CNR client called "My Products." (Click on image to blow up.) This tab shows you every product you've ever installed with CNR on ANY machine. Next to each program it will then show you a check mark if it's installed on THAT machine, and then another check mark if there is an update available (which with one click you can update them all).

So, yes, CNR is smart enough to work on multiple machines, and you only pay one time for the service.

Kevin Carmony
CEO, Linspire

http://media.linspire.com/images/screenshots/cnr_products_800.jpg

linuxboy
April 5th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Kevin Carmony what is going on at Linspire on one hand you are trying to bring together the Linux community for your Linux Desktop Summit. But in the background your moderators from your forums are acting like spies on other foums and irc channels. One of your moderators even created an account on a different forum and was causing problems there. When the admins of that forum traced his ip address they discovered a private personal "hate" forum that this moderator has. This person gets down to a very personal level of trashing people and forums on his forum.
Now when looking at the members list of this little "hate" forum we see several of your moderators and a Linspire employee in this forum.

Kevin I would like to know why on the surface you are trying to bring the Linux community together for your Linux Desktop Summit, but your moderators are running around and causing problems on other forums?

freedomforme
April 5th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Nah he is trying to sell something! And just like a salesperson he will tell you anything you want to hear while leaving out the stuff he doesnt want you to find out. Like security issues and so forth..

briancurtin
April 5th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Nah he is trying to sell something! And just like a salesperson he will tell you anything you want to hear while leaving out the stuff he doesnt want you to find out. Like security issues and so forth..
hey look, its this guy, and hes whining about security issues again. never saw that one coming.

freedomforme
April 5th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Kevin Carmony what is going on at Linspire on one hand you are trying to bring together the Linux community for your Linux Desktop Summit. But in the background your moderators from your forums are acting like spies on other foums and irc channels. One of your moderators even created an account on a different forum and was causing problems there. When the admins of that forum traced his ip address they discovered a private personal "hate" forum that this moderator has. This person gets down to a very personal level of trashing people and forums on his forum.
Now when looking at the members list of this little "hate" forum we see several of your moderators and a Linspire employee in this forum.

Kevin I would like to know why on the surface you are trying to bring the Linux community together for your Linux Desktop Summit, but your moderators are running around and causing problems on other forums?
Actually this isn't anything new I dont think. Often they will send out their members to skew poll results, mass post good thing, and slam reviewers who give Linspire a bad review. Nothing new!:)