PDA

View Full Version : Watching another anime right now!

dragos240
March 12th, 2010, 04:23 AM
It's quite similar to lucky star, but still has more of a storyline. It's "mascot" is a cute white little ferret named unagi. The main characters in this anime are mii, mai, and ai. They have a maid named mare, she seems emotionless from where I am at in the anime. The name of the anime is popotan. Anyone know any other anime that is similar to lucky star?

CarpKing
March 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Just to warn you in a non-specific sort of way, that anime is rather notorious due to some of its aspects. It's also the source of the original dancing loop for the "Caramelldansen" video.

I couldn't get into Lucky Star, but another anime in the same genre that I did enjoy was Azumanga Daioh. In fact, it's my first or second favorite anime of all time.

Lightstar
March 12th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Just to warn you in a non-specific sort of way, that anime is rather notorious due to some of its aspects. It's also the source of the original dancing loop for the "Caramelldansen" video.

I couldn't get into Lucky Star, but another anime in the same genre that I did enjoy was Azumanga Daioh. In fact, it's my first or second favorite anime of all time.

Azumanga Daioh is awesome, I loved Osaka ^.^;

sxmaxchine
March 12th, 2010, 11:35 AM
the best anime is Ah My Goddess

dragos240
March 12th, 2010, 03:13 PM

I am aware, but I still like the story, I think those aspects just make it funny. I will check out Azumanga Daioh.

Bachstelze
March 12th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Azumanga Daioh is awesome, I loved Osaka ^.^;

http://itsuki.fkraiem.org/stuff/osaka.jpg

@dragos240: also check out Ichigo Mashimaro.

dragos240
March 12th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Oh my goodness! I've seen many videos about that anime, I never knew that that was the anime!
I really don't think that popotan is that bad (questionable content wise). Sure, things pop up every once in a while, but I think It's still fine. And also how could you resist this little mascot:
http://yaneshin.net/diary/images/icon/popotan_unagi_1.png

dragos240
March 13th, 2010, 02:48 AM
By the way, who is that strange yellow/orange cat thing that "wish(es) (he) was a bird"?

chris200x9
March 13th, 2010, 03:10 AM
you should watch ergo proxy because "There's these ghost or demons and then some guy falls off a wall... airship... thing. Then it ends."

RiceMonster
March 13th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Azumanga Daioh > *

Also good - Minami-ke.

I am aware, but I still like the story.

Wait, we're talking about Lucky Star, right? I wasn't aware there was any sort of story to follow.

dragos240
March 13th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Azumanga Daioh > *

Also good - Minami-ke.

Wait, we're talking about Lucky Star, right? I wasn't aware there was any sort of story to follow.

Nope, we're talking about popotan. I wish I could speak to dandelions!

RiceMonster
March 13th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Nope, we're talking about popotan. I wish I could speak to dandelions!

Oh I see. You had me worried for a second there.

dragos240
March 13th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Oh I see. You had me worried for a second there.

And you just changed your avatar again :P.

RiceMonster
March 13th, 2010, 03:48 AM
And you just changed your avatar again :P.

Yes, just for the sake of confusing people.

Nah, I just wanted to.

Lightstar
March 13th, 2010, 05:33 AM
http://itsuki.fkraiem.org/stuff/osaka.jpg

Wooo merci ;)

CarpKing
March 14th, 2010, 10:47 AM
By the way, who is that strange yellow/orange cat thing that "wish(es) (he) was a bird"?

The Crawling Chaos Chiyo-Chichi.

He is legend.