PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I think this is an install issue

jerseyboy357
March 12th, 2010, 01:40 AM
I apologize in advance if this is not the right thread. I am nearing my 30day mark using Linux, specifically 9.1 Ubuntu. And I am obviously having trouble learning it.
Just this past week, my speakers boot on Mute(Logitech G20 laptop setup)which the only way to unmute them is to open ALSA(which thru Googling found out is the software to get for some reason) and uncheck the Mute button under USB Mixer EVERY TIME I boot up,lol. Getting annoying but it gets me my sound back. I told you that to tell you this. My Logitech Webcam wont be recognized when I plug it in amnd then Clicking Places, Computer. BUT when I open ALSA theres another USB mixer in the menu but for a MIC only
Also, apparently now my 4-1 card reader doesnt work either. Popped in my Olympus xd card and went to computer...nothing. I plug in my webcam and go to chatroulette and the lil adobe flash player menu arrives asking if the site can access my cam/mic and I cannot enter a click. Also "some sites" that I visit, they wont load because they use flash which I have kept my system up to date daily and got the codecs and plugins I could find.

So overall does anyone think that maybe Ubuntu has a serious problem or is this all fixable? It really all did start doing this in the past I would say.....9 days. Thanks for taking the time if and when you do. No rush on my part. I have researching to do still I assume.

B

jerseyboy357
March 20th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Bumping this cuz no one has responded yet. Im dealing with the speaker issue but the card reader needs to get working. I need to transfer pics to install for some things. THanks for any help

B