PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Fresh Install for Ubuntu 9.10

Bnelsonmiller
March 12th, 2010, 12:04 AM
I have partitioned my drive and I had a perfectly clean install for my laptop. It worked great.

I recently tried Ubuntu Studio and have had issues with it and want to go back to the Ubuntu 9.10 I had. I "upgraded" (really more of a lateral move) using synaptic and just added the packages, which changed my whole desktop and my audio drivers (I could probably fix it, but I would rather have a fresh start).

I don't need to save any files on the Ubuntu partition, and all I really want is to re-install the original Ubuntu setup.

How do I get back to the fresh install of Ubuntu?

kleskjr
March 12th, 2010, 12:15 AM
I would download ubuntu CD from the net and burn it. But there could be a better solution?

Bnelsonmiller
March 12th, 2010, 12:31 AM
I do have the install CD, but when I try to install it, it only give me the option of creating a new partition, wiping the whole drive, or an advanced option which I cannot figure out.

Is it possible to format the partition using the partition tool on the CD?

If so, how?

presence1960
March 12th, 2010, 01:12 AM
I do have the install CD, but when I try to install it, it only give me the option of creating a new partition, wiping the whole drive, or an advanced option which I cannot figure out.

Is it possible to format the partition using the partition tool on the CD?

If so, how?

At the Prepare disk space window choose the manual option. Then highlight the old ubuntu partition and click change. choose filesystem and tick the format box. Then on mount point use the drop down box to select /. proceed with the install.