PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] streamtuner lost all my presets

degarb
March 11th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I spent several hours adding stations that xiph did not have. Only to wake this morning and see it wiped out everything.

I cannot use it if there is no backup of everything I add!!

Does anyone know what file I can backup, so next loss, I can just restore a good ini?

ajgreeny
March 11th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Everything is in a hidden folder in your home, ~/.streamtuner. Back that up, or even better back, up all your /home and you should be able to restore it if needed.

tgalati4
March 11th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Try tunapie instead:

sudo apt-get install tunapie

degarb
March 11th, 2010, 10:51 PM
tunapie has its place, but not a good replacement for streamtuner, because it unifies a comprehansive music directory (xiph) with addable presets.

xiph works well with streamtuner. However, I don't see a way to submit a station that is missing to xiph.org icecast site. (there is nearly no bluegrass, no radio.macinmind, no kgrl.fm, none of my locals wcpn, thesummit, etc. just at a glance.)

has anyone got shoutcast to work with stream tuner. Shoutcast has a very good selection if you go to their site. THough they do their best to propertize the links, so you must go through them.

360 doesn't work either.

I played with tunapie video a month ago. Some stations worked on their list, but only a small portion of them.
I see a small list of radio stations, but nothing on order of shoutcast or xiph.

But so far streamtuner has lost my preferences and radio preset list. I just hope the backup works on next loss.
I don't understand why programs don't backup their ini's and allow user to rollback to uncorrupted ini.