PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] New Firefox {3.6} Issues

faron45
March 11th, 2010, 06:54 AM
I've just installed the new Firefox {3.6} in my Xubuntu {8.04} & some of the things that I've noticed include,#1-I went to:http://www.calottery.com/default.htm & clicked on "replay" & then on "enter your tickets" & began trying to enter my ticket numbers.I at first thought that maybe my connection from my keyboard to my pc's tower had come unplugged.But,this was not the case.

I then tried to do a search with the toolbar search option.Again,I could enter no text.NEXT-I placed the cursor in the address bar & attempted backspace to erase/delete part of an address {and,again the issue with the non functioning keyboard reared it's ugly head}.I was able to highlight part of the address with the mouse.But,"delete" {on keyboard} would not function.Neither would "backspace".

Issue #2-on the same page {http://www.calottery.com/default.htm} there is an ad for a movie that I wanted to see.The ad reads,"unlock the mystery,click here".After clicking,I basically get a black page {except for some more ads for tha Ca.lottery on the bottom of the page}.

Another thing I've noticed is upon clicking "tools-add-ons" is it appears that the "Noscript" & the "Ubuntu Firefox Modifications" extensions are not compatible with Firefox 3.6.But,I have an "enable" button for both ?? Hmmmmmmmm.What to do ? Going to bed now.Will check for answers in the morning.Thank you all very much for any & all help/assistance.All help GREATLY aqppreciated.
Yer pal,faron45
aka:GuitarFiend :guitar:

Temposs
March 11th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I'd like to point out that Firefox 3.6 is not supported under Ubuntu 8.04. You are of course welcome to use it, but you should keep in mind that the version of Firefox that is ideal for Ubuntu 8.04 is the one in the repositories(Add/Remove).

They keep that version secure through installing the security updates that comes through Ubuntu's updates, so there is no reason to upgrade to Firefox 3.6 unless you need/want specific features in the new Firefox or if you're helping the development of the product.