PDA

View Full Version : any other nightcrawlers around here?

sandyd
March 11th, 2010, 04:36 AM
I actually sleep at 3-4 am since I go to work at like... 11:30 am and the place where I work is like one block away.

While I was in Canada, and still in middle/highschool/university, im famous for my late-night walks and late night meals.

My parents never knew about it.

So, it went something like this...

When I went to university, I lived in an apartment with my brother (gary), my two cousins (samantha and melinda), and one of my cousin's friends (cant remember his name, but they got married later on)

My parents were AFK at that time (on vacation, and their tech challenged and dont know even how to charge their own cell phones, so we couldnt call them...) and they came to visit like about... 1-2 months into university.

At that time, my other cousin (eric) was visiting, so gary and I slept together so he could have a room to himself.

It was like 1-2 in the morning when they called and said they arrived in town and would visit us tomorow. I had an exam the next day (or rather, in a couple of hours), so I told them to visit us ASAP. They told us not to stay up for them and stuff then said they were comming.

Melinda got hungry so she ordered some pizza and wings, then went down to find some pop. It was 2-3ish at this time.

pizza arrived 20 minutes later.

then, my parents arrived. at about like 3am.
My mom had never slept late, and always slept at about 12. (even while in university). The funny thing was, about like 20-30% of our apartment was still awake.

They came in, and mom was like "aww.. you guys shouldn't have stayed up so late for us".

My dads like: I doubt their go to sleep that early.
Me: yeah, we got to sleep at like 4am, so we actually didnt wait for you.

Dad: thats what I thought.
Mom: <freaks out>
Mom: WHAT?? you sleep that late???
Gary: Weve slept at like 3-4 every day since grade 8 (he got adopted in grade 8)
Mom: ???
Mom: and when did pizza service ever start delivering at 1-3 in the morning???
Samantha: They always did. Its just more popular to do it on campus.
Mom: <cant wrap her head around the concept atm, and stares at us with a priceless expression on her face>
Dad: calmly goes over and steals a piece of melinda's pizza.
the end :)
I guess each generation sleeps later... and later...

koleoptero
March 11th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Until two days ago I used to sleep at about 8-9 a.m. till 4 p.m. Now it's nearly 6 a.m. here and I just woke up. I'm all for the extremes it seems...

Post Monkeh
March 11th, 2010, 04:45 AM
it's 3.40 am here, but i've been off work for a couple of weeks with a broken elbow so it's no big deal.

when i'm at my folks house i go to sleep at around 1 or so if i've got work the next day. if i'm at my mrs's folks house (which i am most of the time) i have to go to bed at 11 because the fiance freaks out if she doesn't get her 8 hours and claims i wake her.

she's already been warned that when we move into our house i'll be sitting up and if she doesn't like it i'll stay in a different room. :D

i used to sit up until 2 or 3 every night even if i'd work the next day, but i drive a lot now so i go to sleep that bit earlier. nighttime is so much more peaceful than daytime, and i think my preference goes back to when night time tv here in the uk had loads of films on, which was better than the daytime feast of soaps. night time tv is rubbish now though.

NightwishFan
March 11th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Depends on the day, sometimes I am up late, until 5am.

sxmaxchine
March 11th, 2010, 05:08 AM
i used to go to bed at about 6am or when the sun started to come up and would sleep until about 5pm or until i got woken up

however now school has started again so i go to bed at about 11 or 12 and wake up at 7am

tjwoosta
March 11th, 2010, 05:15 AM
When left to my natural habits Ill end up going to bed at around 4:30-5:00 am and wake up sometime around 1:00 pm. Unfortuanately work forces me to conform.

sandyd
March 11th, 2010, 05:51 AM
And this is what I do at 12...
http://scores.crazymonkeygames.com/hs/listscores.php?id=473

the 23d is me.

Onyros
March 11th, 2010, 07:49 AM
The most I sleep - when I do sleep - is 3 hours per night. I usually sleep better in the morning, from 7 to 10, or from 8 to 11 a.m.

I work at home, and usually work much better during the night, so I tend to go to bed when dawn is breaking, cocks crowing, birds chirping - 'cos I live in the countryside, in a very small town. Which I absolutely love, since I moved out of the city for this about one year ago.

When I get to bed I watch my episodes of Dexter, The Office, Californication, Curb your enthusiasm... you get the drift. It's either that or reading in my N800, which I grew accustomed to, though I do prefer books. But the N800 doesn't require lighting, and FBReader is a pretty good e-book reader.

I've been an insomniac since I can remember, but it's grown worse with time. I struggle a lot with falling asleep, it's as if my brain just won't relax. And I've tried many, many things - even white noise, which is one of the things that works better.

sandyd
March 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
bump

Muppeteer
March 17th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I usually sleep between 4 - 6 am.

The only reason is because around 11pm my mind gets very active and i wouldn't be able to sleep if i tried. Night time is when i get my best ideas. Usually throughout the day i'm apathetic and don't wanna do anything. It's weird.

_h_
March 17th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I only sleep around 1-2 hours a day, so I am basically awake 22 hours out of the day.

At night time is when I have the most energy it seems. ;D

abhibharti
March 17th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I sleep around 1 or 2pm but wake around 7am in the morning. Then again take a nap in the afternoon.

J_Stanton
March 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM
And I've tried many, many things - even white noise, which is one of the things that works better.

i have a white noise machine and it works great for me.

gymophett
March 17th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I used to go to sleep on average anywhere from 4 to 6 AM.
I learned it was doing me no good, and I was sleeping my day away.
I'd done it for years though. (Not YEARS, but about 4)

Now I go to sleep anywhere from 9:30 to 11:00 PM.

Yeah, early eh?

gymophett
March 17th, 2010, 09:16 PM
At night time is when I have the most energy it seems. ;D

Me too! :D I force myself to sleep. :/

forrestcupp
March 17th, 2010, 09:37 PM
You slept with your brother?

samalex
March 17th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah, have a kid and see how your evening and night routines change :) Until we had our daughter my wife and I would stay-up until 11pm or later sometimes watching movies or whatever. After our daughter came our routines revolved around when she slept, ate, etc. Now that she's 2yo it's abit easier since she normally crashes in the evening around 8pm and wakes-up about 5:30am-6am like clockwork... and just when we thought our habits were returning to normal, yeah my wife is due to have our second kiddo in September :-D

But I wouldn't change a thing...

Sam - aka proud dad.

sandyd
March 18th, 2010, 02:34 AM
You slept with your brother?
its a long story.
but just to make it short, my so called "brother" is actually my boyfriend who got adopted by my parents.

Phrea
March 18th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Doesn't seem right none the less...

Am I a night owl, yes !
I normally go to sleep at between 07:00 and 09:00, sometimes a bit later.

jrusso2
March 18th, 2010, 02:50 AM
I have had insomnia for many years so I am up a lot at night.

aktiwers
March 18th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Count me in.. usually I fall asleep between 4-6 a clock.
Sucks when I have to meet at work at 10 though.

dragos240
March 18th, 2010, 02:54 AM
I just like the night, it's just more relaxing.

Post Monkeh
March 18th, 2010, 02:59 AM
its a long story.
but just to make it short, my so called "brother" is actually my boyfriend who got adopted by my parents.

might have just been better to call him your boyfriend, i've got all sorts of crazy **** going through my head now.

themusicalduck
March 18th, 2010, 03:56 AM
I'm very much a night person. I get more work done during the night than I could during the day.

It's very strange.. I can wake myself up sometime during the day, but I don't really feel like I can properly get on with things until around 7 or so in the evening when it's getting dark. I suppose there are less distractions then too.

At the moment I'm sleeping at around 4-5am, but sometimes (actually about a week ago just) I can be sleeping at around 8-9am.

Kinda makes it difficult to do some things when everyone is up while you're asleep.. especially getting to early lectures :|

Knowle
March 18th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I've always stayed up till 2-4am since I was 14/15. These days I'm up till 4-8am and sleep till 3pm. Work from 4/5pm depending on the weeks schedule till 10/11pm depending on the day of the week. Sometimes I end up not sleeping for a little over 28-34 hours but it's rare.

wojox
March 18th, 2010, 09:31 AM
I'm a Cylon. We don't sleep. :D

ssj6akshat
March 18th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I usually sleep at 3 in the night and wake up at 6 in the morning(I have to go to school) vacations are exceptions I usually wake up at 11 am.but I have exams now so i sleep early like 12 Am and wake up at 5 am

ssj6akshat
March 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
its a long story.

confusing

forrestcupp
March 18th, 2010, 03:45 PM
its a long story.

You slept with your brother? :)

So if you get married and have kids, you'll be your own kid's aunt? And if you have more than one, they'll be cousins.

Just joking. Where I live, I think you're allowed to marry as close as your 2nd cousin. I wonder what the laws are here about adopted siblings.

But I agree, you should have just called him your boyfriend in the first place.

whiskeylover
March 18th, 2010, 03:48 PM
its a long story.

Eeks!

If he's legally adopted, you'd be in violation of a few laws related to incest.

And its creepy.

Post Monkeh
March 18th, 2010, 04:04 PM
this thread aint getting any better, i'm just hoping it gets closed before we hear about the family pets.

ratcheer
March 18th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Not I. I turn in at 9 or 10 every evening and arise at 5 or 6 every morning. After a 34-year IT career, it is a pretty well ingrained habit.

Tim

Rackstar
March 18th, 2010, 06:10 PM
In Belgium here there is a discussion going on, that school should only start at 9.30 instead of 8.30, and ofcourse end an hour later. Because a lot of students cope with sleep deficit.

I think, it just postpones the problem, and maybe just quit using the daylight savingstime.

But, I am one of those nightcrawlers :) but mostly parties or staying up late, talking to my gf. All things just seem nicer at night.

BrokenKingpin
March 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I work 9-5, so throughout the week I go to bed around midnight-1AM. On the weekend I go to bed around 4AM, later if I am drinking.

sandyd
March 25th, 2010, 02:59 PM
bump

pricetech
March 25th, 2010, 03:08 PM
might have just been better to call him your boyfriend, i've got all sorts of crazy **** going through my head now.

Joe Dirt ??

pricetech
March 25th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Actually my main concern, based upon the thread title, was that she was a fishing worm and was seeking more of her kind.

Not that I have anything against worms.

undecim
March 25th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I usually go to bed at 2-4 when I have class and 6-7 during breaks. If it weren't for all the obligations I have during the day, I would try out the 28-hour day.