PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't proceed from boot menu

sandeepb
March 11th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Hi guys,

I had burned Ubuntu 9.10 to a CD and booted into it, I got to the point where I can select to try Ubuntu without installing and install Ubuntu, well the weird thing is, when I press enter, it doesn't select the option and it's dead at that point.

I burned Ubuntu 10.04 onto a CD and it managed to get into those options and install fine, but there are no stable graphics drivers for Lucid Lynx out and I'm stuck with a weird resolution.

I tried running 9.10 in virtualbox and the same issue appears, I have tried downloading the iso again incase if it was a corrupt one but the same problem.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

plucky
March 11th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Hi guys,

I had burned Ubuntu 9.10 to a CD and booted into it, I got to the point where I can select to try Ubuntu without installing and install Ubuntu, well the weird thing is, when I press enter, it doesn't select the option and it's dead at that point.

I burned Ubuntu 10.04 onto a CD and it managed to get into those options and install fine, but there are no stable graphics drivers for Lucid Lynx out and I'm stuck with a weird resolution.

I tried running 9.10 in virtualbox and the same issue appears, I have tried downloading the iso again incase if it was a corrupt one but the same problem.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks

See Md5sum link (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM)

on how to check the downloaded ISO is correct.

Burn the CD as slow as possible and after booting the CD,make sure you do the "check the CD" option.

Good Luck