PDA

View Full Version : Full Circle Magazine in Spanish

alapisco
March 10th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Hi all

I would like to assemble a translation team to translate FCM to Spanish. Is any one interested?

I have already translated 20% of the last issue #34 (started yesterday)

So anyone wants to collaborate? or Do you know where can I look for help?

Thanks

madjr
March 14th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Hi all

I would like to assemble a translation team to translate FCM to Spanish. Is any one interested?

I have already translated 20% of the last issue #34 (started yesterday)

So anyone wants to collaborate? or Do you know where can I look for help?

Thanks

very nice

its not easy, but its a great start

i would help but lack time :(

a few ideas for faster translations:

use a wiki for translations. like:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com

launchpad may also have good tools and even wikia

wikis are collaborative, anyone can help or join at any time

dump the english text into the wiki, then use google translate or babilon, etc for fast translations. then check what doesnt match and fix

if someone feels the translation could be better than they can join the wiki and help anytime

translate the most important stuff first and keep it visible on the web. its not worth to translate every single section

forget about exporting to pdf for now, just focus on the wiki for a while

contact the people at FCM directly and see if they got people that speak spanish interested

good luck my friend

alapisco
March 15th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks a lot for the ideas ! :D

carlosslpmx
May 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hi.
I can help you translate Full Circle Magazine into Spanish. In fact, I'm also translating issue 13 in Spanish. I guess, it could be a good idea to translate new issues instead past ones, although there's good infor on last issues too.
You could also give this message in the Ubuntu-es forum if you wish.

agu
May 13th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Hi.
I'd like to join the Spanish translation team too. I agree it would be much better to translate the newer issues first.
Well, i don't know how to start, any ideas?

carlosslpmx
May 13th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Well, at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMagazine/TranslateFullCircle are the files needed to begin translating. They are files made with Scribus. I thin, and hope alapisco soon sees that there's response on the topic he opened. We have to coordinate in order to see which parts of the magazin is each one going to translate.

ronniet
May 13th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Hi folks,

Feel free to form a group and translate FCM to Spanish!

If you need to, you can use the /Spanish page on the /Translations wiki page to organise things.

If one person could be in charge of articles and drop me their email address, I'll add them to my mailing list. Newer issues of FCM have the articles on Google Docs and I'll send out an invite to someone for access to the newer articles.

Good luck!

ronniet
May 13th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Hi folks,

Feel free to form a group and translate FCM to Spanish!

If you need to, you can use the /Spanish page on the /Translations wiki page to organise things.

If one person could be in charge of articles and drop me their email address, I'll add them to my mailing list. Newer issues of FCM have the articles on Google Docs and I'll send out an invite to someone for access to the newer articles.

Good luck!

carlosslpmx
May 14th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks a lot ronniet for letting us create the Spanish Translation Team. I was hoping alapisco to show uo si he could be in charge of the Team, but I think he lost interest since this topic was opened two months ago, so, I could be in charge if you wish, but I'll needd some help from all of you and other translation teams, because I don't really know how to manage this, but I want to help.

So, if you agree that I am in charge of the translation team, let me know.

Besides, if there are more spanish readers from this magaznine, and would like to help, please join!

ronniet
May 14th, 2010, 10:02 PM
My pleasure, always good to have another translation in the works. :)

If you could drop me an email I'll advise you on how other translation teams are organised and, if need be, pass along some email addresses for you to ask them how they do things.

Good luck folks!

carlosslpmx
May 15th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Ok. Fine.
My email is carlosslpmx@gmail.com. I appreciate all your help