http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npoN6kT4POc

I just hate it.

A computer on every desk and in every home, running Microsoft Software

Not gonna hap-- oh wait:

Let's keep it that way!

ERR, HELL NO!i! [-(

MasterNetra
March 10th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Looks interesting, its just a concept. concept != Final Product. We will see what they do.

HoboJ
March 10th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I daresay that looks similar in concept to the various docks available under linux. How they changed explorer looked decent. Though most of the changes were visual in nature to bring some of the existing functionality to the users attention. Now if only nautilus would get the ability to preview folders without opening them like you can with explorer I'd be a real happy camper.

tuddy666
March 10th, 2010, 06:33 PM
It -is- a fan-made concept, but I can see Microsoft using some of these ideas in a future version of Windows.

MasterNetra
March 10th, 2010, 06:34 PM
It -is- a fan-made concept, but I can see Microsoft using some of these ideas in a future version of Windows.

Wouldn't surprise me if they simply ripped it off almost entirely. I'm sure they would dress it up to look more different and all to make it look like its all them. But that's corporations in general i suppose.

Post Monkeh
March 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
gave me a sore head

DeadSuperHero
March 10th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Made by an art student named Cullen Dudas (http://vimeo.com/user1431152,). It's not an official Microsoft concept at all.

If anything, I kind of liked some of the ideas. He certainly put a lot of work into the mockup.

gnomeuser
March 10th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I like it, light in feel and ever present usefulness

Regenweald
March 10th, 2010, 06:54 PM
That looks hot. Zeitgiest aims to do essentially the same kind of management but I know, if linux does it it's phenomenal, if Microsoft does it it's horrible ;)

Great concept.

rottentree
March 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Made by an art student named Cullen Dudas (http://vimeo.com/user1431152,). It's not an official Microsoft concept at all.

If anything, I kind of liked some of the ideas. He certainly put a lot of work into the mockup.

Oh then it's pretty good my only gripe with it is it's pretty chaotic my head is still spinning :???: (and there was no ballmer :( )

denver
March 10th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Now if only nautilus would get the ability to preview folders without opening them like you can with explorer I'd be a real happy camper.

KDE4 can do that :). I run Kubuntu on my home PC and its great in terms of usability. Network management has some way to go, but all in all its great.

You can preview a folder and its contents directly from the widget on your desktop (folder view i think its called). You can also preview sub folders. The file browser lets you preview media files without opening a music player or a video player. Its pretty nice.

ctrlmd
March 10th, 2010, 07:09 PM
funny video :lolflag:

whiskeylover
March 10th, 2010, 07:25 PM
It looks pretty good. No idea why you'd think its looks "eugh"

Simon17
March 10th, 2010, 07:56 PM
It looks pretty good. No idea why you'd think its looks "eugh"

Because he thinks it was made by Microsoft.

koleoptero
March 10th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Very nice. I must start saving money for it. €2000 for the hardware it'll have as minimun requirements, €500 for the ultimate professional ZOMG HOLY version, and €300 in painkillers. :P

Tibuda
March 10th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Because he thinks it was made by Microsoft.

makes sense... eugh...

KiwiNZ
March 10th, 2010, 08:51 PM
This thread has been closed by request of the thread starter per Report system