PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Gang! Thank you for your donations!

byen
March 11th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Hey Guys!
Just saw this post on the forum

We raised enough donations to pre-pay for the server for another year. Some people have questioned why we needed donations, the server from canonical did not arrive at the deadline and the contract for this server had to be renewed for another year.
Thank you to everyone who donated this week.

It is really amazing to see how quickly the community responded and chipped in to help our forum out! I just wanted to say thanks to all the guys who donated. Salut to a job well done!

~byen

chimera
March 11th, 2006, 02:12 AM
yay, now we get to spam another year:mrgreen:

I would donate, but paypal isn't supported in my country (yet, I hope)

YourSurrogateGod
March 11th, 2006, 02:14 AM
This is good news. I just wish I had some disposable income in order to contribute to this cause. *sigh*

mstlyevil
March 11th, 2006, 02:40 AM
This is good news. I just wish I had some disposable income in order to contribute to this cause. *sigh*

I took $25 out of my grocery money to donate. I can eat top ramen noodles for lunch for a week or so. Don't feel bad though. If you don't have it to give there is nothing to be ashamed about. You have to take care of you and your family first.

Iandefor
March 11th, 2006, 03:05 AM
I seriously wish I'd had money to donate... but my weekly income is enough for 2/3 of a small cup of coffee. I hate being an economic dependent.

woedend
March 11th, 2006, 06:39 AM
i donated for help past and future. I've moved on to debian for time being, will play around with other distros as well, but I remember when I first installed ubuntu how intimidating it was to ask questions. This forum was the only one that didn't tell me to f off, call me a newb, or tell me to RTFM. Actual answers or attempted answers. And so my donation was a symbol of appreciation and so that this forum will be here to help others who have those basic questions.

Klaidas
March 11th, 2006, 11:25 AM
It's great to hear that the best linux support forum ever will survive :)

beercz
March 11th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I donated. I am just glad I was a able to help in some small way. After all we take enough from ubuntu which costs us nothing - free software, free tech support (via the forums), free ship-it cds etc. etc.

It's good that we can give something back for the benefit of the whole Ubuntu community.

Keep up the good work guys.