PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I tried to install ubuntu server edition, now my computer doesnt detect any .......

dreamstone007
March 10th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Hi Friends,
My Question is:

I tried to install ubuntu server edition, now my computer doesnt detect any windows or anything installed?
I was trying to install ubuntu server edition...i already had windows 7 and xp installed, when it asked me to make partitions i foundout that it doesnt detect already existing partitions, so i decided to abort installation,..... After that windows werent even detected and it automaticly booted inserted ubuntu cd (same with win7 cd)
Please help meeee

NonaMannequin
April 30th, 2010, 01:09 PM
You would need to create a partition to install Windows to. Or you can run it in a virtualized environment using Virtualbox by Sun Microsystems.

With virtualization you can run Windows or another operating system (OS) of your choice on top of Ubuntu. Of course with either method you will need an install disk of Windows.

If you choose to do what is called a "dual-boot" from what I described earlier, you will like I have stated, create a partition into which you will install Windows to. Be careful though when you are working with partitions as it is best to backup all of your data in case of complications. To creat a partition from within Ubuntu you may use a program called Gparted. You can install that through your "Applications" -> "Add Programs".