PDA

View Full Version : anyone interested in making some simple games?

Cyclonis
March 11th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Hi,

I was wondering of anyone is interested in making some simple video games for linux systems. Or if anyone is already developing some and needs some help. I am not making any promises right now but in a month or so I may continue working on video games again (too busy untill april 23).

I am currently in my last year of aerospace engineering and am now working on a driving simulator using C++ and openGL. I have also created 2 little games in Java, one is a space invaders clone, and the other one is a little 2d game in which you control a tank and need to take out other AI tanks. I may expand on this game a little more to make it look like BattleCity from the old NES.

After my current project (the 3d driving simulator in openGL) I may be interested in making some simple 3d games. My language of preference is Java, but I am also ok with C++.
I do not want to attempt to make groundbreaking games, but just want this to be my hobby and hopefully I can help on some games that are simple but still enjoyable.

My email is k.verbist@student.tudelft.nl

xequence
March 11th, 2006, 02:22 AM
I dont know anything about programming, but it sounds cool, id probably like to try it when you are done.

kpiper1993
August 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I'd like to make a game, but I am really new to ubuntu. how do you do it?

Arwen
August 19th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I'd also like to get involved,I know the basics of java and c++ and I'm interested in the idea :-)