PDA

View Full Version : Best data recovery firm?

NCLI
March 9th, 2010, 09:56 AM
While working behind our media server, one of my external HDDs, which was connected and on at the time, fell down when I accidentally tugged on the power cord. On it were over 25.000 images, some invaluable, and many now unreadable.

I'm posting here to ask you whether you know any good data recovery firms, and which are considered among the best. I don't care whether it's in the US, Australia, Japan, or even southern Jutland, I just want as much data as possible to be recovered. :(

xpod
March 9th, 2010, 10:45 AM
While working behind our media server, one of my external HDDs, which was connected and on at the time, fell down when I accidentally tugged on the power cord. On it were over 25.000 images, some invaluable, and many now unreadable.

I'm posting here to ask you whether you know any good data recovery firms, and which are considered among the best. I don't care whether it's in the US, Australia, Japan, or even southern Jutland, I just want as much data as possible to be recovered. :(

Is Testdisk/Photrec no good to you?
If not then you could be in for a hefty bill going the Data Recovery Firm route. If the images are more important than money though then you can but pay the bill and put it down to experience.

Good luck either way.

mips
March 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Use software like Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional to recover your data. Alternatively you can send the drive to Ontrack but be prepared to pay big $$$.