PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Update Help

splosh5
March 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hey guys i just wish to know 2 things about ubuntu. When i first ever cam across ubuntu i could not get my sound card drivers to work, now when i downloaded 9.10 all of my sound worked from the box. (i did not have to do anything to make it work.) I did try to make my sound work in the sound properties. anyway when the next realise comes out 9.11 or 10 not sure i have not check (Please right if you know) will all these drivers work with the new version?

also when the next update comes out can i use the update manger to update to the new version e.g 9.11 or 10 or will i have to download the new version?

many thanks

splosh5

snowpine
March 8th, 2010, 08:32 PM
The next release will be 10.04 Lucid Lynx in April 2010. 9 out of 10 users are able to update with no problems, but there are always a few bugs. :) Therefore it is a good idea to test the new release using a Live CD before you commit to the upgrade. This is all in my opinion of course.

splosh5
March 8th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Thank You Very Much, This has completely answered The hole Question.

Splosh5

howefield
March 8th, 2010, 08:35 PM
..anyway when the next realise comes out 9.11 or 10 not sure i have not check (Please right if you know) will all these drivers work with the new version?

The next release is 10.04 and is due out on the 29th of April 2010. It is likely to be able to make your sound work out of the box just as the version you are using now does.

also when the next update comes out can i use the update manger to update to the new version e.g 9.11 or 10 or will i have to download the new version?

It is your choice, when 10.04 is released, you will be able to use the upgrade facility within your existing Ubuntu install, or download the new version for burning to cd.

I always download the new cd and do a clean install, I'll want the CD for other installs anyway.

splosh5
March 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Sorry i did not relise that "How Field Posted" he gave me the answer.

Thanks.