PDA

View Full Version : I am posting questions about Linux in Community Cafe lately.......

Kdar
March 8th, 2010, 07:14 AM
I am wondering why... Is it nicer here? :D

23meg
March 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Do you mean support requests?

Giant Speck
March 8th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I'm confused.

BenAshton24
March 8th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I suppose that only you know why you are posting Linux questions in the community café. Perhaps it is because your questions don't fit in any other category, maybe it is because you find that more people answer non support questions...

...or maybe and Arctic fox is influencing your subconscious forcing you to comply to it's evil demands. Who knows...

user1397
March 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM
when you run out of problems, you start posting in the cafe...simple as that :)

fatality_uk
March 8th, 2010, 09:32 AM
when you run out of problems, you start posting in the cafe...simple as that :)

Ohh if only that were true!!! I have this rash you see and was thinking if it was... :D:D:D

Sometimes theCafe is getting more like OMGPP!!

Kdar
March 8th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Do you mean support requests?

yea.. anything.. support and not support. But I mean specifically support.. maybe not such big things, just small.. but still...

lately I am using Community Cafe almost 100%, even for some small support questions :)

sandyd
March 8th, 2010, 04:14 PM
the community cafe is awesome for a lot of (non) tech related questions. I remember when I spilled ink on the carpet. a few minutes later, cleanup instructions were posted that saved me the work of re-carpeting.

samalex
March 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM
yea.. anything.. support and not support. But I mean specifically support.. maybe not such big things, just small.. but still...

lately I am using Community Cafe almost 100%, even for some small support questions :)

Same here :) I've found that even though Ubuntu users are from all aspects of society, most who use Ubuntu and frequent this forum are rather like minded and have lots of interests in common. Not to say because one person collects stamps that everyone else does as well, but rather most in here aspire to be more then what the social norm tries to make them be. That I like --

Sam

23meg
March 8th, 2010, 06:26 PM

Note that by doing that, you're subjecting people who don't want or expect to see support requests in an off-topic section to support requests, making it slightly harder for people to find answers to your questions with a search later on, and putting burden on moderators who move support threads to the appropriate sections.

I'll keep reporting such threads to be moved when I see them.

forrestcupp
March 8th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Note that by doing that, you're subjecting people who don't want or expect to see support requests in an off-topic section to support requests, making it slightly harder for people to find answers to your questions with a search later on, and putting burden on moderators who move support threads to the appropriate sections.

I'll keep reporting such threads to be moved when I see them.

+1

There are reasons that they separate support subforums from discussion ones. It is important that you stop posting support requests here and post them where they are meant to be. It's bad manners to knowingly post in the wrong place.

Then when you're done asking for help, come back here for some good discussion.