PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lost internet after upgrade (FF crash/ apget hangs)

rodegia
March 8th, 2010, 02:32 AM
I installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my step father's laptop to see if he would get a boost of performance (he did). I'm also new to ubuntu, but have a bit of linux experience.

I'm really the only one that uses the Ubuntu boot, and I only use it every other month or so. Two months ago, I came down and when I booted Ubuntu up, it said that it had a laundry list of updates. I clicked ok and it did its business and everything seemed to go fine. However, after restarting, anything related to the internet stopped working. FF won't open, it spins for a second then crashes. I thought it was just FF so I went to install another browser / remove FF through the Application thing (not terminal). That loads fine, but hangs whenever trying to connect to the registry.

Since it was so long ago, I don't remember what the update included, I do remember that it included the FF 3.5 upgrade, along with a host of security updates. How can I get the net back?

rodegia
March 9th, 2010, 04:06 AM
1 day bump

rodegia
March 10th, 2010, 02:20 AM
48 hour bump.

rodegia
March 11th, 2010, 02:02 AM
72 hour bump. No one? I posted this 3 days ago and I've gotten 0 replies and 55 page views (10 of which are mine). Please someone say something. I don't care if it's "Sorry dude, no clue". Am I being too vague? Is more info needed? It's the most recent version of ubuntu (9.10) then upgraded with the security patches. Everything worked right in the initial install, but after the upgrade anything dealing with the internet doesn't work. FF flat out crashes and apget hangs.

rodegia
March 25th, 2010, 04:59 PM
2 week bump