PDA

View Full Version : Does ubuntuforums.org rely on yahoo?

Ichtyandr
March 7th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Apparently yahoo is blocked in my country all day today, and I have difficulties reading ubuntuforums, which is sad because it has a lot of valuable information. It loads extremely slowly, and status-bar references yahoo :(
(posting this through a public proxy which is rather inconvenient)

Triggerhapp
March 7th, 2010, 05:54 PM
"yahooapis.com"

Yep. some kinda scripting appears to be compliments of yahoo.

Ichtyandr
March 7th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I accidentally created two identical threads, this proxy browser is rather inconvenient, therefore please delete the duplicate if possible

Ichtyandr
March 7th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I hope they will unblock the yahoo here, otherwise I will have limited support by not being able to read these wonderful forum boards

The Toxic Mite
March 7th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Apparently yahoo is blocked in my country all day today, and I have difficulties reading ubuntuforums, which is sad because it has a lot of valuable information. It loads extremely slowly, and status-bar references yahoo :(
(posting this through a public proxy which is rather inconvenient)

May I ask why it's blocked?

Psumi
March 7th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Yes, some of the DHTML (IE: the quick links menu) doesn't work without yahooapi.

Ichtyandr
March 7th, 2010, 07:25 PM
May I ask why it's blocked?

blocked along with facebook and some other pages. Nobody knows for sure, but there was a big corruption scandal in the press, so many suspect censorship and information control. they load partially and extremely slowly, some do not load at all

NCLI
March 7th, 2010, 07:37 PM
blocked along with facebook and some other pages. Nobody knows for sure, but there was a big corruption scandal in the press, so many suspect censorship and information control. they load partially and extremely slowly, some do not load at all

How ridiculous. Where do you live??

Ichtyandr
March 7th, 2010, 07:40 PM
How ridiculous. Where do you live??

this scandal: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/04/AR2010030405390.html

many people I know migrating to gmail and twitter as a result :)

standingwave
March 7th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Yahoo APIs::
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=776613