PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problems enabling Emerald

huggs
March 6th, 2010, 10:40 PM
I have successfully intstalled the Emerald theme manager, but when I would choose a theme, it wouldnt take effect. So I searched "how to enable Emerald" and found and followed this guide:

http://www.webupd8.org/2009/03/ubuntu-install-themes-emerald-compiz.html

When I type "emerald --replace" in terminal, it makes Emerald take its effect upon my windows. But the cursor just dorps to the next line down in the terminal and doesnt say
"name"@"name-desktop:~$

If I try to close the terminal, I get the message that the terminal has a process running, and closing the terminal will kill the process. So if I choose "yes" and close it, Emerald stops and the entire bar at the top of my windows disappears ( the minimize/maximize/close button bar).

I can go back to compiz as a window manager from there, by typing compiz --replace, but I'd really like to have Emerald. Is there a command that I can type into the terminal after "emerald --replace" to properly complete this process and close the terminal normally?

Thanks to any and all who can help me out, I'm still learning about Linux and trying hard to get myself up to speed on how everything works.

overdrank
March 7th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Hi and you can use the alt, F2 keys and enter the command
emerald --replace Then just add it to the start up applications. :)