PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Apache2 site-available/default

ChurroLoco
March 6th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I am very new to using apache and could use some help. I just installed WordPress on my system and put the WordPress folder into /usr/share/wordpress.
Also I made a symlink to that called /var/www/wordpress.

Problem occurs when I upload files. They goto /var/www/wp-uploads, and I don't have access to browse to them.

I think I can fix this by editing apache2/sites-available/default, but I honestly don't understand what all of it means. I did experiment and edit it a bit, but only got... well bad results. Can someone tell me what my current file even means, and maybe how to fix it.

Here it is.
/etc/apache2/sites-available/default

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /var/www/
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /usr/share/wordpress>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/wp-uploads>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride None
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

# Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit,
# alert, emerg.
LogLevel warn

CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
<Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

stlsaint
March 6th, 2010, 10:26 PM
That file is used when setting up virutal hosting thru apache. How are you uploading files into system and they go into different directory? What are you using for uploading. If there is a folder you dont have access to then either enter them as root or take ownership of them using chown command.
Example:

chown -R <username> /path/to/folder

But im not following how your uploading to a folder that you dont have access to.

ChurroLoco
March 6th, 2010, 11:47 PM
The files are uploaded via the WordPress uploader in the browser. I'm not sure how they do it. At first I thought my files (pictures) were'nt being uploaded because I couldn't see them but after search the directory I found that they were uploaded.

The problem is that they are above apache's root directory listed in that file. I tried setting apaches root directory up one to/var/www and I can access the photos that way but then WordPress doesn't work properly since it isn't at www.mypage.com instead it is www.mypage.com/wordpress/.

BTW Thanks for the interest.

stlsaint
March 7th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Well them remove the files out of the wordpress dir and place them in the root level of the /var/www/ dir.