PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with the size of ICONS

LittleU
March 6th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hi,
I recently installed ubuntu on my system .

after installation it is logging in automatically but i want to login only after providing the user name and password.

and another issue is the size of the icons which is showing is very large , i want to make it normal.

when i go for places there i am able to access what all the contents of my other OS.

i have windows and ubuntu in my system.

please provide me solution where to change all these.

please have a look at attachemnt.

Thanks,
LittleU.

hhh
March 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
For your first problem, you didn't mention what version of Ubuntu you're using, but in Karmic your options are under System>Administration>Login. I'm pretty sure it's the same in Jaunty (though there are less login options in Karmic).

For your second problem, you didn't say which icons are too large, but if it's your desktop icons, either right click each one and choose "Stretch icon" and drag the handles to your liking, or go to Places>Home Folder (or any folder in Nautilus), then View>Icon View Defaults and lower the level. I tried this, and it also reduced my folder icons' size, but going back to the folder and then View>Normal Size fixed it.

HTH

jerrrys
March 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM
right click on a blank spot on your panel and go to properties and change the size.

hhh
March 6th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Oh yeah, for the last problem, right click on the drive of your other OS and choose "Mount".

asmoore82
March 6th, 2010, 09:55 PM
and another issue is the size of the icons which is showing is very large , i want to make it normal.

It sounds like your screen resolution is set too low,
check out "System -> Preferences -> Monitors" on newer Ubuntu's
-OR- "System -> Preferences -> Display" is more traditional.