PDA

View Full Version : Those Annoying Automated Attendants

A_Nonny_Moose
March 6th, 2010, 07:43 AM
How many times have we been put on hold by an automated attendant and held until we give up? How many times have we had to navigate through some inept programmers idea of a menu scheme? Maybe it is time something was done about it. ;)

I don't have the current technical expertise to handle this, but I wonder if anyone is interested in a project to produce a program (automated respondent) that does the following when invoked:

Take over the telephone line and listen for a non-machine input;
When a human is found on the line, respond in kind while notifying the user;
On command, return the line to the user and quit.

For anyone interested, I would be happy to correspond by e-mail although I think the above specification is clear. I believe that automated response systems that put you on indefinite hold need to be met by a robotic system of at least the same calibre. :rolleyes:

lisati
March 6th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I have a similar gripe with some automated spam reporting systems. I've had occasions when I've sent of spam reports as attachments direct to one particular email provider which shall for the moment remain anonymous, and some time later an email arrives back saying that their system has discarded the attachments. In due course, a day or two later, a baffled response from a human comes in, along the lines of "What are you talking about? What spam?"

toupeiro
March 6th, 2010, 08:32 AM
For some reason, I thought this post had something to do with the ACM (Automated Cashier Machines) in various stores all over the place. I was working a really late night at work one night and the only thing open and near the data center was a Jack in the Box, and even they have one of those when you walk inside. They even promote that if you use it you get a free taco...

I quickly walked to the human before they got assimilated...