PDA

View Full Version : [other] help my ubuntu hangs

Eddie133
March 5th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Hello,i am not sure weather this is in the right thread or not,if it isin't mods feel free to move it :) this is my 1st post so bear with me :P
ok i have a hp pavilion 533w with 512mb of ram i have ubuntu 7.10 i can run live cd but only when using the commands as follow
wn you get too the 1st screen hit f6 for more options i get rid of quiet splash and add all_generic_ide then i go too the beginning where it says file and add break=top and space the file and top then it comes up and i type modprobe ide_generic then modprobe ide_disk and modprobe ide_cd then i type exit and it boots me too live disk (i am on live disk right now) i installed it (and mounted it) rebooted the PC took out the disk it gets too loading stage 1.5 then after a minute it comes up, grub loading,please wait and then after about 2 hours it goes too a blank screen but i plugged it into my older pc and it loads right away perfectly do you know what the problem is? also i tryed too hit esc and that too edit the lines but it won't let me but on the other pc it does......?

Eddie133
March 5th, 2010, 10:25 PM
bump!:popcorn:

gordintoronto
March 6th, 2010, 12:18 AM
That version of Ubuntu is not supported any more. Can you download 9.04, the current version?

Eddie133
March 6th, 2010, 01:04 AM
That version of Ubuntu is not supported any more. Can you download 9.04, the current version?

no i got the disc from this 1 i would like to keep it right now :) anyway can u help me out neway? ;-)

Eddie

gordintoronto
March 7th, 2010, 02:14 AM
I'm sorry, I can't Google any useful information for such an old version.