PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu Server 9.04 Will Not Boot on DFI LAN Party JR X58-T3H6 Mobo

ironmonkee1
March 5th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I will try to be brief.

I am currently trying to make my current desktop system into a new server to replace my old server. I recently installed a second 1 TB SATA drive on the motherboard to run in a RAID 0 array for media with a 2.5" 60 GB SATA drive from my PS3 as the OS drive. I formatted all drives with GParted, set up the two 1 TB SATA drives in a RAID 0 using the built in Intel Matrix RAID BIOS, and ran the Ubuntu 9.04 x64 install CD. The CD detected the raid array and the 60 GB drive. I mounted root and /swap on the 60 GB drive and mounted /home on the RAID array. The install process went through with out any issues after that. Upon ejecting the disk and rebooting, the system tried to boot from my DVD-ROM drive. It did not try to boot from any hard drives installed. I tried moving the RAID to a SATA card that I borrowed from a friend and the installer did not detect them. I also tried moving the OS drive to the SATA card and the same thing occurred. I then tried installing everything to the RAID array, foregoing an OS drive. The same thing also occurred. I then went into the BIOS and set the SATA behavior from RAID to ACPI (or is it AHPI?) and it still will not boot. The only thing I have not tried is to install the OS to an IDE drive and replace my SATA DVD drive with an IDE one so that only the two 1 TB HDDs are on the onboard SATA ports. If anyone has some insight or other ideas that I have not thought of, please feel free to comment. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Here are the current system specs if you need them

Intel i7 920
6 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
2 X 1 TB SATA HDD
1 X 60 GB SATA HDD
DFI LAN Party JR X58-T3H6 Mobo

ironmonkee1
March 5th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Bump.

ironmonkee1
March 6th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Issue resolved by installing OS on a separate IDE drive.