PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried the netbook remix?

jayze
March 5th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I have put the netbook remix on the laptop over Karmic....and find its loads easier to use..(just thought I'd put this up while Im in here waiting for replies):)

Shpongle
March 5th, 2010, 01:47 AM
no i haven't personally used it but iv friends who find it really good

ciborium
March 5th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I use it on my ASUS Eee. It works great exept that if you attach an external monitor you have to dual screen it (either mirror or expand). If you make the external monitor the only one lit, you can't open new programs as the interface doesn't show up.

jayze
March 5th, 2010, 02:00 AM
well its certainly right for old dumbos like me!.....was reading the other day that a Uk firm has brought out a simplified laptop/netbook aimed at the oap market.....ubuntu should get on that wagon and start an "OAP Remix"

NovaAesa
March 5th, 2010, 03:00 AM
I've used it, it's not too bad.

rudihawk
March 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I've installed it on my netbook, but removed all the UNR interface stuff. Was just too blegh for me. I like my conventional window management and application launching.

anaconda
March 5th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I tiried it, but didn't like it.

Normal ubuntu is better.

Paqman
March 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I use it on my netbook, and used it for a while on a laptop too. It's excellent, better than a normal desktop on a small screen by far. I feel sorry for all the schmucks running bog-standard XP on the netbooks.

rottentree
March 5th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I tried the 9.04 version (9.10 hangs from pendrive :o ) it's a good idea but I didn't really like that everything is in my face and it doesn't really help in handling compared to keyboard shortcuts.

Paqman
March 5th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I tried the 9.04 version

It's been much improved since, you might want to check out Lucid to see if it'll boot.

WinterMadness
March 5th, 2010, 05:21 PM
id prefer standard gnome over it.

rottentree
March 5th, 2010, 05:24 PM
It's been much improved since, you might want to check out Lucid to see if it'll boot.

I'm going to take a peek but I doubt I'm going to stick with it EEEbuntu 4.0 seems to be more interesting.(Oh if only #! didn't run hot and upwards :mad:)

Fenris_rising
March 5th, 2010, 05:27 PM
EEEPC 904HD with 9.10 UNR on it here. Took a little getting used to after running 'normal' desktop versions of Heron and Intrepid but I find it excellent to use on my netbook. I might even fit a touch screen overlay to really take advantage!

regards

Fenris