PDA

View Full Version : Can I trust Ubuntu-Tweak?

uRock
March 4th, 2010, 11:43 PM
I have never used it and have only heard it mentioned a few times, so do you trust Ubuntu-Tweak?

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

swoll1980
March 4th, 2010, 11:44 PM
I have never used it and have only heard it mentioned a few times, so do you trust Ubuntu-Tweak?

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

Yep.

Shpongle
March 4th, 2010, 11:46 PM
yea

sudoer541
March 5th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Nope!
Ubuntu tweak broke my mouse! Once I used it, I couldint on icons to open. In fact I had to click on an icon once and use the enter key to open a program/ files/ folders etc

Giant Speck
March 5th, 2010, 12:28 AM
It will eat your babies. I hope you're willing to live with those consequences.

pastalavista
March 5th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I trust it a little more than most third-party free software. It doesn't do anything you can't do without it, it just makes it easier because it's all in one place. Similar to Tweak-UI for windows.

bluelamp999
March 5th, 2010, 12:34 AM
It's never given me a problem.

Unlike Computer Janitor...

uRock
March 5th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Nope!
Ubuntu tweak broke my mouse! Once I used it, I couldint on icons to open. In fact I had to click on an icon once and use the enter key to open a program/ files/ folders etc
That was Stewie jumping out and controlling your system.

As long as I can still claim head of household, lol.

swoll1980
March 5th, 2010, 12:45 AM

That's Fat *******, not Ubuntu-Tweak.

Add: it won't let me say his name. Oh well. We'll call him Mike Tyson instead.

uRock
March 5th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Well, after seeing a few trusted names say they feel safe with it, I installed it.

Thank you all that contributed.

swoll1980
March 5th, 2010, 10:55 PM
So how did it go?

ElSlunko
March 5th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I used to use the heck out of it. With 10.04 Alpha 3 though, don't use it as much.

uRock
March 5th, 2010, 11:28 PM
So how did it go?

Haven't really noticed much difference yet. I did find info on their site to fix my google repo problem I was having.

ElSlunko
March 5th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Haven't really noticed much difference yet. I did find info on their site to fix my google repo problem I was having.

Is that the one where it takes forever to refresh the sources?

uRock
March 5th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Is that the one where it takes forever to refresh the sources?

Yes. Whenever I ran update manager it would hang. After reinstalling twice I ended up going to the Ubuntu Tweak site and replacing the google chrome deb's source with the one on UT's site and that fixed it. The source added to the sources list by the Google Chrome deb package is missing the "non-free" in the entry. Here's a link to my thread about that problem. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1416678

swoll1980
March 5th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Ubuntu-Tweak is messing with apt now? If I would have known that I would have said no. I just had Automatix flashbacks.

uRock
March 5th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Now that I jinxed myself, it is doing it again.

uRock
March 5th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Ubuntu-Tweak is messing with apt now? If I would have known that I would have said no. I just had Automatix flashbacks.

No, not Ubuntu-tweak, it has something to do with Google's repo.

ElSlunko
March 6th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Now that I jinxed myself, it is doing it again.

Doh! My house is being fumigated so no access to my Ubuntu PC but at least I can stop trying to remember to fix it via UT.