PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome Style Menus on KDE

andrewwardrobe
March 4th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Appologies if this has been asked before (only done a quick search before posting), but I'm recently started using KDE and was wondering if it possible to have a GNOME style menu (ie the Applications Places System) in the KDE instead of the Vista-ish one you get as default?

I'm imagining i can use the standard KDE menu (the non vista-ish one) and posibly make a dir with symlinks to the places i want to have on my list and point the menu next to the k menu to my dir full of symlink (Its list my home directory as default i think), However it would be great if i could use something similar to the GNOME style menus.

Any help/suggestions would be welcome

Andrew

3Miro
March 4th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Use the classic menu in KDE (right lick on the menu), I don't know who in the world would use the other one.

You can simulate the Places option with a Quick Access widget. This is one thing that I miss in gnome.

There are several other menu widgets that may work for you, but I don't think you can get closer to Gnome.

andrewwardrobe
March 4th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks 3Miro, I'll try that when i get home (Didn't think id have such a quick reply)

wojox
March 4th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Have you tried Lancelot?

andrewwardrobe
March 4th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Cheers Guys got it setup using lancelot parts and the classic kde menu. would have been great to have some thing almost exactly the same as the gnome menu but we can win everything, although may look into writing a widget