PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Challenge

ozanamn
March 4th, 2010, 05:41 PM
The Extreme Ubuntu Install Challenge

On October 2, 2005, two good friends and I hiked up Middle Sugarloaf Mountain in the White Mountains region of New Hampshire. But this wasn't your typical hike; this hike had extreme geek value. For at the top of the mountain, I was going to install Ubuntu Breezy on my laptop.

http://www.zenlinux.com/ubuntu_challenge/index.html

check it out!!!

Tibuda
March 4th, 2010, 06:26 PM
why didn't you just installed at your house, and enjoy the time at the mountain to appreciate it instead?

undecim
March 4th, 2010, 08:08 PM
why didn't you just installed at your house, and enjoy the time at the mountain to appreciate it instead?

Because then it wouldn't have been worthy of the adjective "Extreme"

Kdar
March 4th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Reminds me of one thread where some guy climbed some mountain in South Africa just to put a Ubuntu sticker on the direction-board on the very top of the mountain.

Maheriano
March 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
This is hilarious! I can definitely appreciate the effort!

whiskeylover
March 4th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Because then it wouldn't have been worthy of the adjective "Extreme"

No, it would have been extreme if you were installing Ubuntu while you were rolling down the hill.

undecim
March 4th, 2010, 08:42 PM
No, it would have been extreme if you were installing Ubuntu while you were rolling down the hill.

With rockets tied to your back.

NightwishFan
March 4th, 2010, 09:31 PM
With Crispin Freeman yelling at you.

Kdar
March 5th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I install Linux in my room before. Is it a record? :)

jayze
March 5th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Yesterday I saw a boat that had been converted to a microlite floating about...wonder if he was reformatting his laptop with Ubuntu.......(ps anyone know where I can get a microlite..as due to weather and traffic congestion it might come in real handy for shopping)

rudihawk
March 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I installed Linux while sittin in my room!