PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client

2uRcJQ34G1
March 4th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Hiya,

In order to gain access to my university network remotely I was asked to open a website that would act as a gateway. Upon opening the site I was asked to run a Java application, which installed a Cisco AnyConnect VPN client on the system. However, now I do not need this, but I cannot find a way to uninstall it. It does not appear in the Synaptic Manager or the the ubuntu Software centre, so I cannot find the package to uninstall it. The software does appear in the 'Internet' section in the Application drop down menu and runs without the need of Firefox. I read the Cisco release notes but I could not find a way to uninstall the software. Does anyone else have a clue??

Thanks in advance.

2uRcJQ34G1
March 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Just so you know, this client is different from the network-manager-vpnc package.

SGAZ
March 4th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Cisco Says:

Uninstalling the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client

To manually uninstall the AnyConnect client from a Windows system, use the standard "Add or Remove Programs" Control Panel available from the Start menu.

The procedure for manually uninstalling the AnyConnect client from a Linux or Mac OS X system is the same for both systems. As root, run the following shell script:

/opt/cisco/vpn/bin/vpn_uninstall.sh

Typically, you would do this via sudo, as follows:

$ sudo /opt/cisco/vpn/bin/vpn_uninstall.sh

If you do not use sudo, use a root shell:

# /opt/cisco/vpn/bin/vpn_uninstall.sh

The Cisco page with the really long URL is here (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect21/release/notes/anyconnect21.html#wp755495).

e24ohm
March 4th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I deployed SSL and anyconnect at home on my 5505, and the provided script worked well.

thanks.

2uRcJQ34G1
March 4th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks a lot mate, worked like a charm. Cheers.

SGAZ
March 4th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Good Deal. Glad you asked because reading your post I realized I needed to know too.