PDA

View Full Version : Which prepaid cell phone SIM card you will buy in Sweden to have better data plan?

legolas_w
March 4th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hi,
Thank you for reading my post.
I will be traveling to Sweden and I will stay there for a few months. I am planning to buy a prepaid cell phone SIM to stay in touch during my stay. I was wondering which provider and which package provides me with the best value for the following usage type:

- I will 20 SMS per day to some Swedish numbers.
- I will use GPRS when I am outside of home/work place. I will use email, map, messengers...
- I will place few calls per day, maybe one call per day.

If you happen yo know which subscription I should buy, please let me know.

Thanks

spongypants23
March 4th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Telia is fairly popular.

They'll give you a prepaid SIM card, which you can top-up pretty much anywhere. They also have pay-per-usage mobile broadband plans.

I can't tell you which subscription to get, though.

Maybe this will help: http://www.telia.se/international

(Phone SIM cards can also be used for internet browsing, for 9 SEK per day used.

TomEvans
April 16th, 2010, 09:51 PM
@legolas_w Thanks for posting this question. I am in a similar situation. I will be in Sweden for a few months this summer, and have similar phone usage requirements to yourself. So I was wondering what you did in the end. Did you get a sim from Telia? If so did you order this before you went or get it in the country?

legolas_w
April 17th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Hi Tom.

You can get a tele2 simcard, the best charge for people staying short is Amigos.

You can get it from any Pressbyran store.

Hope it helps