PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] two "Favorites" questions

engine
March 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Fairly happy with UNR so far, and delighted to have found an Ubuntu for my new netbook. Two questions to be getting on with:

can I change the spelling "Favorites" to my preferred European/UK "Favourites"?
something (I honestly suspect proximity of wedding-ring to touchpad) has added a shortcut to Rhythmbox to my Favo(u)rites: how can I remove it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

engine
March 24th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hm. Just found the answer to one of my questions; I'll assume you all thought it was so thunderingly obvious it wasn't worth bothered to reply... If I simply wake the netbook up after hibernation, I never see (of course) the login screen. But when I've shut it down completely and start it up, then I do see the login screen and voilą: a pull-down for "language". Changing the choice there to "English UK" does the trick.

engine
March 29th, 2010, 09:10 AM
And a right-click on the unwanted shortcut/icon gave me a "Remove" option. Just for once, mind, I'd give points to M$ ‒ an explicit reminder "you're removing a shortcut, not deleting the associated program" is very reassuring.

Chris Edgell
March 29th, 2010, 09:33 AM
So you did this all on your own...you're the little engine that could.

Sometimes some of these other forums seem like backwaters...I want to post on absolute beginners, just to get the attention. (I can't remember where your's was posted). And sometimes, by sheer chance, nobody that reads it knows the answer. I have asked the most ignorant questions and still have not been ignored.

Well, I do see that 96 people read it. When I read postings, I go to Absolute Beginners and then on that bar towards the top, I click on "New Posts", then I read the ones that catch my eye...as I saw yours...I had no idea of the answer, just because I read it. So don't feel ignored little engine.

Chris