PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to upgrade GLX in asus eeepc??

miousername
March 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hi, i've a asus eeepc with an Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03) with Karmic Koala, my GLX version is 1.2 , is it possible to upgrade in some way to GLX 1.3??

Thanks for your reply!

yogesh.girikumar
March 4th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi,

A particular version can be forced using the following command.

$ sudo apt-get install <package>=<version>
So in your case, you can try this:

$ sudo apt-get install nvidia-xgl=1.3
Try uninstalling an earlier version to avoid version conflicts..

I'm curious why you wan't to upgrade it if you already have the default version..

Hope this helps.

miousername
March 4th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Hi yogesh.girikumar :),
thank you for your reply, i want update my GLX from version 1.2 to 1.3 because i use some programs that need GLX 1.3 :) if i don't use GLX 1.3 i've an indirect rendering ... i would try your suggestion but is it possible use nvidia-glx on intel graphics card? :confused:

yogesh.girikumar
March 5th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Hi,

Intel cards work best with Intel graphics drivers for linux. You can install the latest drivers by doing :

# sudo nvidia-settings --uninstall
# sudo apt-get install --reinstall xserver-xorg-video-intel libgl1-mesa-glx libgl1-mesa-dri xserver-xorg-core
# sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
I'm not sure if upgrading to a newer nvidia driver gives direct rendering capability. To find out if you have direct rendering enabled, you can do:

$ glxinfo | grep -i "direct rendering"
To test 3D graphics ( no of frames per second supported ) do:

$ glxgears
This should show 3D rotating gears and the number of frames every 5 seconds. If nothing is wrong with the gears, you're fine.

Also do:

LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
If you don't see any errors or segmentation fault, everything is working normally.

See: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-010512.htm
Also: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/intel-graphics-performance-guide-for-ubuntu-904-jaunty-users.html

HTH