PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] kde 4.4 resize desktop icons

fahd
March 3rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hi everybody there ...

It is impossible to resize the kde 4.4 desktop icons. The resized icons still active until you logout. When you log on the icons on the desktop go to the default small icons, simply they do not retain the customised icon size. Any help. Thanks.

Fahd

CylnZ
March 4th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Yep, I was searching google for exactly the same thing when I found your thread... No luck yet

Found a good solution. I was thinking of an icon like a widget, which is apparently wrong. Just add the quicklauncher as a widget to your screen, then add your apps as launchers in it. Size the icons as you like and lock the widgets. All done, log in / out as you like and it all stays just the way you set it.

kellemes
March 4th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Yep, I was searching google for exactly the same thing when I found your thread... No luck yet

Found a good solution. I was thinking of an icon like a widget, which is apparently wrong. Just add the quicklauncher as a widget to your screen, then add your apps as launchers in it. Size the icons as you like and lock the widgets. All done, log in / out as you like and it all stays just the way you set it.

Thanks for the info.. no a bad idea.

Still, we can put the application-icon on the desktop as a widget and use the widget to launch the app. This makes it a launcher-widget I guess.. Also we can resize the thing, it's just not persistent.
Have not found a solution myself.