PDA

View Full Version : What happened to The IT Crowd?

ndefontenay
March 3rd, 2010, 10:11 AM
Hello,

I'm just wondering if you guys know about the IT Crowd?
I've manage to find it in Thailand and watch 3 seasons.

It was rather funny. Just large stereotypes about IT but they did nail a few things plus the computers hanging around in their crib are real collection pieces nicely offered by the British Museum or something along that line. (Just stick British and Museum in the same sentence and it makes anything look posh)

So I was wondering if there's a season 4 or if it died a silent death. I've seen the actors in a couple of movies namely "the boat that rocked". Just wondering.

Nico

cascade9
March 3rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
A 4th season is planned-

On December 29, he indicated that filming for the fourth series of the show will begin in March 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_IT_Crowd

szymon_g
March 3rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
as far i know- there are only 3 seasons produced :|

shame, because it's one of my favourites comedies (apart from blackadder and montypython) :/

edit

"(..)On December 29, he indicated that filming for the fourth series of the show will begin in March 2010(..)"

the future is bright than :>

namluc
March 3rd, 2010, 10:23 AM
the seasons in english comedies are just too short...

ndefontenay
March 4th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Moss is probably in his happy place. That's why it's taking some time.

ndefontenay
March 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM
The unofficial Reynholm Industries company website. Make sure to check the IT support page.

nikhilbhardwaj
March 4th, 2010, 10:03 AM
i'll look forward to it starting again
it was absolutely awesome
there were only 3 seasons
each with 6 episodes if i'm not mistaken

Nickedynick
March 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM
The unofficial Reynholm Industries company website. Make sure to check the IT support page.

No link? :)
http://www.reynholm.co.uk/it.php

ssam
March 4th, 2010, 01:34 PM
best bit is the leet subtitles on the dvd in first episode of first series. its a bit of a shame that the whole series was not as nerdy.

LowSky
March 4th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I'm so mad that the American version of the show never got off the ground.

doas777
March 4th, 2010, 03:54 PM
agreed. "Spaced" was entirely too short

~sHyLoCk~
March 4th, 2010, 03:56 PM
agreed. "Spaced" was entirely too short

True. I miss Office and The Extras.

EDIT: Btw, wasn't there supposed to be a Christmas special? :(

DownTown22
March 4th, 2010, 04:31 PM
For those interested, if you go to the "Staff Intranet", the following is the username and password:

U: moss.m
P: lonelyroad

cascade9
March 4th, 2010, 05:07 PM

Seasons of english TV in general are 'too short'

I'm so mad that the American version of the show never got off the ground.

I'm not. US versions of english comedies tend to be train wrecks.....at best.

ndefontenay
March 5th, 2010, 01:36 AM
There's also this:
http://www.ladyproblems.org.uk/

hahaha.

Shpongle
March 5th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I love this show got all the seasons so far , its pure gold! if anybody hasnt seen it , get father ted it was made before the it crowd and has the same writer , its a spoof on priests in Ireland , its Legendary over here! . there is even a festival called Tedfest to celebrate it :-)

gn2
March 5th, 2010, 02:01 AM
There's even a search engine named after one of the Father Ted characters, www.doogle.org

Phrea
March 5th, 2010, 08:24 PM
0118 999 881 999 119 725.. ..3

ndefontenay
March 8th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Better looking doctors too!

steev182
March 8th, 2010, 02:25 PM
0118 999 881 999 119 725.. ..3

I thought I was the only one who could still recite that number! So it must be easier to remember!

Graham Linehan(sp?), the main writer, is big on Twitter and I've seen him tweet a few times about how he's been working on scripts and what have you. He also wrote Father Ted and contributed on The Fast Show, so you know it's a funny show.

Also, I get the 'it's far too short' thing too. Although I think where we have only about 2 or 3 writers, the US series generally have 8 or so, which makes things a lot easier (or worse) for making 24 episodes per season. 30 Rock, The Office (US) and How I Met Your Mother are just a few of the American shows that keep my interest throughout their seasons.

Post Monkeh
March 8th, 2010, 04:25 PM
some of the best and most memorable shows have few episodes.

mr bean may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but EVERYONE in the uk knows about it, even though there were only 14 full length episodes.

father ted is cult viewing. it's obviously great anyway, but i think the very fact that dermot morgan's death led to us being starved of any more of it, it just made us think even better of the series we did get.
fawlty towers had 12 episodes and it is legendary.
sometimes the quality is enhanced by restricting the quantity.

i don't think the IT crowd matches up to any of those (except perhaps mr bean) but it's a funny show and one of the few i'd make a point of watching if i know it's on, thanks in part to the inner geek screaming to get out of me.

BinaryDigit
March 8th, 2010, 04:31 PM
"Did you turn it off and back on again?"

UK shows are short compared to US seasons, but they do know when to quit while they are ahead :) It's both good and bad, but I'd rather have something good, and short, than something good, and then die out (which is a different view than what I had when I first came to the UK!).

ukripper
March 8th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I wonder if there is Inbetweeners (http://www.e4.com/inbetweeners/) season 3 this year in the making?

This one is flippin hilarious!