PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.10 desktop freezes as soon as I log in

dcjose20
March 3rd, 2010, 06:38 AM
Hello all, so I have decided to give ubuntu another shot since I do not have the money to buy another microsoft license key. So I had to buy a new hdd since my old one died on me and I decided to install ubuntu on it. I have a desktop that I built myself. I have a WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDD SATA @7200 rpm, a elitegroup motherboard 945GCT-M V2.0, intel core 2 dou, and 2GB of RAM. Anyway so I downloaded the 32 bit iso file of ubuntu 9.10 and after I installed it, I tried to log into my account and when its almost done loading up it will either freeze or when I try and click on something it will also freeze. I have checked the DVD disc to make sure there were no errors on the disk and none came up. I have also reinstalled and it still keeps doing the same thing. I have no idea what the issue can be. Can anyone shed some light into the problem????
Thank you in advance for all suggestions.

dcjose20
March 3rd, 2010, 07:56 AM
ok well so far ive read up on this problem and i went ahead and uninstalled compqiz and all of its plug-ins. So far so good but Im really thinking about downgrading to 9.04 if this problem persists.