PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] New Starling Ordered!

superfrogman94
March 3rd, 2010, 05:10 AM
i have recently ordered a starling netbook! this is not only my first netbook but also my first system pre-loaded with ubuntu, this is also the first computer probbaly in my homes history of compters of getting a computer with linux pre-installed! i cant wait till i get it :),one last thing, i will be getting this not long before lucid is released so do you guys think i will be okay with the update? (i wont lose wireless or any other problems?) thank you system76 for having such a great company! im positive i will enjoy my starling :D

my order

1 x Starling NetBook
Options
*Operating System : Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 (Karmic Koala) 32 Bit Linux
+ $0.00
*Processor : Atom N270 @ 1.60 GHz FSB 533MHz L2 512 kb with Hyper-Threading
+ $0.00
*Memory : 2 GB – DDR2 533 MHZ x 1 DIMM
+ $0.00
*Hard Drive : 160 GB 5400 RPM SATA II
+ $0.00
*Optical Drive : no optical drive
+ $0.00
*Wireless : 802.11 bg
+ $0.00
*Extra Battery : no extra battery
+ $0.00
*Extra AC Adapter : no extra AC adapter
+ $0.00
*Hardware Warranty : 1 Yr. Ltd. Warranty and 1 Yr. Technical Support
+ $0.00

bruvverjak
March 3rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
One of the best things about System76 is the support you will get from this forum. There are several very knowledgeable people who will post their experiences doing the upgrade on the Starling when lucid is released.

My advice is to be patient until you see what others have encountered and how they fix any problems they may find.

Congratulations on finding and ordering the Starling. It is just a super little netbook that performs very well. Just spend some time doing a little reading here and you will quickly gain any confidence needed to do the routine updates/upgrades as they come.

superfrogman94
March 3rd, 2010, 08:58 PM
thank you :)