PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Monitor out of range

RWActs238
March 3rd, 2010, 02:13 AM
Hello

I just installed ubuntu 9.04 today. I finished the installation and booted up my computer and was waiting for the updates program window to open. I didn't perform any updates and just upgraded to ubuntu 9.10. After it finished upgrading and restarted my computer It showed the ubuntu symbol shortly before my screen would pop up with its message screen saying frequency out of range.

Is there any way I can fix that by going into the recovery mode or will I have to install a fresh copy of ubuntu, perform all updates and graphics card downloads?

engti
March 3rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
do you have an nvidia card?

sam.reader
March 3rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
Firstly do a check of the ram and see if you are meeting the minimum requirement.
If you have a GPU with 256Mb ore more then its not a problem
Try to check the Validity of your monitor(probably the reason)

RWActs238
March 3rd, 2010, 08:56 PM
I have an Nvidia graphics card (Don't remember what model it is). I also have 2.75 GB Ram. The monitor is a dell (tube type).

sam.reader
March 4th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Hello

I just installed ubuntu 9.04 today. I finished the installation and booted up my computer and was waiting for the updates program window to open. I didn't perform any updates and just upgraded to ubuntu 9.10. After it finished upgrading and restarted my computer It showed the ubuntu symbol shortly before my screen would pop up with its message screen saying frequency out of range.

Is there any way I can fix that by going into the recovery mode or will I have to install a fresh copy of ubuntu, perform all updates and graphics card downloads?

Firstly do a check of the ram and see if you are meeting the minimum requirement.
If you have a GPU with 256Mb ore more then its not a problem
Try to check the Validity of your monitor(probably the reason)
Hello mate
Did you do what I said?
I would like to know the result as it will also help others and me in future
Do reply back as soon as you see this.

RWActs238
March 4th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I decided to format the partition by running ubuntu from disk and reinstall 9.04 then get the restricted driver for my nvidia graphics card then perform the update to 9.10. This worked. I was trying to find out if there was a way I could posibly enter root from recovery mode and change the graphics display settings so I could boot up.