PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cairo dock - handling the minimized windows

rodhash
March 3rd, 2010, 02:02 AM
Hello,

That's my first post : )

I've just installed the 'cairo-dock' and I'm trying to figure out a better way to handle the minimized windows.

IE: Using the 'emesene' - MSN client - I only receive an alert or pop-up for an incoming message if I'm in the same workspace where the chat window was minimized.

Is there any way to handle this situation ?

Thanks!

fabounet
March 3rd, 2010, 09:40 AM
in the Taskbar module, you can specify a list of application for which you want to force the demand of attention.
you could try to add emesene there.

rodhash
March 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Hello,

I did, it worked perfect!

But it still not so easy to handle as the default gnome panels.

Another example: I'm used to keep my laptop turned on for several days, and when using the default gnome panels it's easy to see what's the opened applications.

But using the cairo-dock it's not to easy because it's not so clear.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks !

fabounet
March 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I don't understand, you can see quicly which lancers are launched, they have an indicator.
you can also choose to not mix launchers and applis if you prefer, add separators, groups windows of same program togather, display only windows of the current desktop, etc.

If you have the 2.1.3-6, the config panel is quite easy to handle.

rodhash
March 4th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Yes, you're right, I just disabled the mixing of launchers and applications and it's better.

But what kind of indicator you said?

fabounet
March 5th, 2010, 12:32 PM
launchers that are launched get a small indicator on their icon (if you mix launchers and applis).
you can change the image used for the indicator in the "Indicators" module (let it blank to get a light under your icons).