PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu hangs at loading screen

DeathCradle
March 2nd, 2010, 04:11 AM
Hey,

Here's my problem, i have 1 Ubuntu cd, (8.10, free cd), 1x 9.10 32 bit from a friend, and a 64bit 9.10 from a friend. Also i have downloaded 9.10 64bit ISO, (making sure the md5 was correct)

This is what ive tried:
- Installing inside windows, cd
- Installing inside windows, iso mounted
- Installing via cd on boot
- Installing via usb on boot
- Booting from cd/usb, like testing, and install from that (but got to loading screen..)

Ive tried the above with all the Ubuntu's mentioned.
Yet all have got to the Loading screens and just stopped.
With the USB one, once (it had casper on it?), it had errors such as IO, memory buffers etc

So why doesnt either 32 or 64 bit work on my system, is there something i missed?

[ Mobo is Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3P, CPU is Core i5, 4Gb Ram, Gfx Card is Galaxy Gts 250 (Nvidia), 1x 500 GB Hdd (windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit), 1x 80 GB, for ubuntu...]

soo...

Edit:
Solved, Useless Wireless Internet card was interfering, i removed it and the new Ubuntu works fine as it seems, as it did have the same problems as the last :/

jcitguy78
March 2nd, 2010, 05:05 AM
do you have Gparted?

DeathCradle
March 2nd, 2010, 06:50 AM
do you have Gparted?
I only can access Windows 7, and whats on the Iso's/Cd's, so i have no idea if i hvae GParted lol

elite0083
March 2nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
your making it hard on yourself if i was you i would format everything and then start with windows making sure to create partitions in the sizes that you would like the other ones to run in, then I would start installing each one only after making sure the last one was running properly.;) as for gparted you have that on your live CD just get to your boot menu and tell it to load from disk and its systems>administration>gparted

DeathCradle
March 11th, 2010, 09:49 AM
your making it hard on yourself if i was you i would format everything and then start with windows making sure to create partitions in the sizes that you would like the other ones to run in, then I would start installing each one only after making sure the last one was running properly.;) as for gparted you have that on your live CD just get to your boot menu and tell it to load from disk and its systems>administration>gparted

Well this is a new system, so W7 was just installed, and i cant get anything past the menu on the Ubuntu CD, nothing works