PDA

View Full Version : Unable to print on Star TSP100 futurePRNT printer

hrcariagajr
March 2nd, 2010, 03:18 AM
Hi all,

I got here a Star TSP100 futurePRNT USB printer and i want to print on it but i was not able to do it. I'm running on Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10. I already added my printer in the printer configuration(the driver is downloaded automatically) then i tried to print a test page but it fails. What should I do to solve this?

Also, is it possible to convert my printer port into a serial port(ttyS* or ttyUSB*)? Currently my device URI appears: usb://Star/TSP143%20(STR_T-001).

Thank you very much..

hrcariagajr
March 3rd, 2010, 03:21 AM
Hi all,

I got here a Star TSP100 futurePRNT USB printer and i want to print on it but i was not able to do it. I'm running on Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10. I already added my printer in the printer configuration(the driver is downloaded automatically) then i tried to print a test page but it fails. What should I do to solve this?

Also, is it possible to convert my printer port into a serial port(ttyS* or ttyUSB*)? Currently my device URI appears: usb://Star/TSP143%20(STR_T-001).

Thank you very much..

Hi folks,

I have successfully print now in CUPS using this driver: starcupsdrv_2.3.0-1ubuntu1_i386.deb. (http://files.drelmo.net/starcupsdrv_2.3.0-1ubuntu1_i386.deb) Now my question is, how can i port USB to Serial? I'm trying to do this so i can send printer commands and later on get reply from the printer.

Thanks..

davbren
April 29th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I have sent you a personal message if you require any further help from us at Star Micronics.

To talk to the printer users should use /dev/usblp0.

ben72
September 19th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

I also would like to use my USB printer (Star TSP100 ECO)as a serial printer. Did you solve this problem? Please let me know!

Thanks

davbren
October 8th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hi ben72,
You can contact Star Support at support@star-emea.com. May I ask why you want to use the printer as a serial device? What is your project?

ben72
October 27th, 2010, 01:58 PM
You can contact Star Support at support@star-emea.com. May I ask why you want to use the printer as a serial device? What is your project?

Thanks, I've emailed them now. I want to use it with OpenbravoPOS and the built-in driver for Star printers which uses the serial port.

This way the "Open drawer"-button works.

BR,

Ben