PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to take Windows XP out after installing

Boichot1956
March 2nd, 2010, 01:52 AM
When I bought my computer from a friend, he told me that it had 60Gbs in it. Well, when I began to install Ubuntu Linx 9.10 I came to the point of decission of whether or not to delete Windows XP or run Ubuntu 9.10 along with Windows XP. I had a decision to make and I honestly thought I had enough free space to run both. I kept on having problems bringing up Ubuntu. It would go so far and then it would freeze. Well I updated GNOME and I was able to login and try a few things. I of course downloaded and installed the program that I needed to run the program that was running my online radio station. I also downloaded a scanner for to check virusus. I then tried to download some other softwear but I deleted them and kept the scanner and the other program that plays my radio station. Since I did that I logged out and shut down the computer. I haven't been able to get to the point to where I can login again. It freezes. How can I add more memory of free space to run Ubutu. If there is no way of doing that how can I delete Ubuntu and start all over again so that I can again install Ubuntu Linux 9.10 and take off Windows XP so I can run Ubuntu. I really do like the Ubuntu's system. It is so very quick bringing up websites. I have a 32bit download on the CD. I found out the computer was only 16Gbs. Please help me.

Thank You,

Victoria Bushaw-Boichot

presence1960
March 2nd, 2010, 03:53 AM
If you want to get rid of windows that is very easy. First back up any data you do not want to lose. Then reinstall ubuntu choosing the use entire hard disk option. This will wipe everything off the disk and set ubuntu up on the whole disk. After the installation is complete you can restore the data you backed up.