PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu 9.10 desktop env. lag??!!

zhenbanjiezhuan
March 1st, 2010, 09:15 PM
hi.
i just got the 9.10 version for my laptop. (graphic card: HD3470 M)
when i click to max/min/restore/resize a window, it has about 1~2 second lag before actually doing it. when i turn off the visual effect, it gets better (but still a little bit laggy). i go to "hardware driver", it says the graphic "driver is activated and currently in use".
then i try it on my desktop with a nvidia card, it works perfectly. is it not fully capable with ATI cards?? or i need a better driver?? if so, how?? (or provide a link with download and instruction)

thanks!

zhenbanjiezhuan
March 3rd, 2010, 01:24 AM
please??

benst
March 15th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I have a similar problem.

Minimizing and maximizing should be instantaneous, but there's a delay of at least 1 second.

My PC is a Dell Vostro 200, with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 and 4GB RAM, 250GB free HDD space and 8GB swap partition. GPU is Radeon HD 3450.

I think the problem started after I installed the FGLRX drivers for my graphics card. 3D graphics performance is great in games like Urban Terror. But without the graphics driver Urban Terror is unplayable.

cottfcfan
March 15th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Same Problem here.
Also open office files are painfully slow to save and open, when the FGLRX driver is activated.
I`m sure ive seen a thread about this somewhere, but i`m struggling to find it.
Will get back if i do.