PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Network down :-|

Tristam Green
March 1st, 2010, 08:07 PM
PSN borked out at around 6:30PM EST on 2/28/2010. Anyone here affected in the mess-up? I haven't been able to check and see if it's back up, but it was still down as of this morning.

Systems affected:

Any game that uses trophies - since they sync to the servers, they'll no longer play.
Downloadable games - I just downloaded Crystal Defenders, and was unable to play it after 6:30pm EST. same with Fat Princess or Worms.
PS Home
PSN Store

Evidently, this only affects original "Phat" PS3 users. Those with newer systems including the PS3 Slim are not affected.

doorknob60
March 1st, 2010, 08:17 PM
Hmm, I'm at Hotel Wifi and it wasn't working, but I just assumed that it's because Hotel Wifi doesn't work with it usually in the first place, though it did succesfully connect to the router...Also my brother is playing Uncharted and it's not giving him any of the trophies...hopefully it's back on by the time I get home later today/tommrrow.

Tristam Green
March 1st, 2010, 08:18 PM
Hmm, I'm at Hotel Wifi and it wasn't working, but I just assumed that it's because Hotel Wifi doesn't work with it usually in the first place, though it did succesfully connect to the router...Also my brother is playing Uncharted and it's not giving him any of the trophies...hopefully it's back on by the time I get home later today/tommrrow.

If you're getting an awesome 8001050F error, you're likely affected.

fewt
March 1st, 2010, 08:56 PM
PSN borked out at around 6:30PM EST on 2/28/2010. Anyone here affected in the mess-up? I haven't been able to check and see if it's back up, but it was still down as of this morning.

Systems affected:

Any game that uses trophies - since they sync to the servers, they'll no longer play.
Downloadable games - I just downloaded Crystal Defenders, and was unable to play it after 6:30pm EST. same with Fat Princess or Worms.
PS Home
PSN Store

Evidently, this only affects original "Phat" PS3 users. Those with newer systems including the PS3 Slim are not affected.

Yeah, my PS3 is down. It reset to 1/1/1900. Can't get on to PSN even after resetting the clock manually.

Icehuck
March 1st, 2010, 09:51 PM
It's not the PSN it's your PS3. If you play certain games you might lose save data. If you play certain games, you won't get credit for trophies. It has to do with the fact that the clock and calendar was borked from the factory.

Tristam Green
March 1st, 2010, 10:01 PM
It's not the PSN it's your PS3. If you play certain games you might lose save data. If you play certain games, you won't get credit for trophies. It has to do with the fact that the clock and calendar was borked from the factory.

True. The thread title should be amended. It's also not all Phat PS3s either, just certain groups of serial numbers.