PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] A bug with Authencation while installing.

Mikaast
March 1st, 2010, 03:54 PM
Hello everyone! I don't know if I'm supposed to post this topic here but here goes...
I'm having a problem with the "Authentication". As I'm trying to install or uninstall, it will ask my password to continue. As I enter it and press the "Authenticate" button, nothing happens for a while, and after that the window closes. As I try to open a new installation, it will let me through with the password and start uninstalling. This is where the problem comes up: In the "Ubuntu Software Center" in the "In Progress" tab, it says that it needs to wait for another installation to complete, altho I can't see anything else in the queue. This is due to the first, bugged Authentication, wich is still open somewhere hidden, where it cannot be terminated. So now, even after reboot, I cannot install or uninstall any applications due to this bug.

Any help would be appreciaded.

If this is a major bug and cannot be helped, is there any way to return my system to where it was like a week ago, a similar program that Windows has to revert the system?

Or rather, to make another partition for dual boot, how do I remove this old Ubuntu installation safely (the whole partition) on either Ubuntu or Windows XP. The size of the partition is 30gb, or so I declared in the installation, and I'm still having my Windows XP partition as the other boot system.

Thanks in advance.
Yours truly, Mika.