PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Panel Icon Vanished

lordjubblydave
March 1st, 2010, 02:59 AM
I hope im in the right forum.
Im running Ubuntu 9.10 and for some reason my Wireless icon changes itself to a sound randomly.
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn253/lordjubblydave/Screenshot.png

I can get it back to how it should look by removing and adding the notification applet to the panel, although every time i reboot it reverts back to how it looks in the picture.
Any ideas as to why ? and how to stop this happening ?

soldar79
March 1st, 2010, 04:28 AM
It's no big deal. There's an applet (the little apps you run on the gnome panel), which you can access by right-clicking on the panel and choosing +ADD TO PANEL, which is related to tray icons: notification area. You just need to quit it by rightclicking on the tiny strips icon next to the volume manager, and then re-add it the way i've explained: choosing +ADD TO PANEL -> notification area.

Just that, hope it works.

J.

lordjubblydave
March 1st, 2010, 05:28 AM
Thanks for your help, but that is what i have been doing.
But the thing is it should not happen, so i want to stop it from happening

ubeautu
March 3rd, 2010, 10:23 AM
I installed Amorak (KDE) today to Ubuntu 9.10 and i lost both my volume control and wifi control from the top right panel. I assume it was something to do with the KDE app being installed in Gnome? Anyway, I cant see them anywhere in the 'add to panel' list. Any ideas?

delectate
March 3rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
remove tray and re-add tray to gnome-panel

or
killall gnome-panel to restart gnome-panel

usually,i do last one,it works...

ubeautu
March 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks Delectate,
Managed to fix it just now. The lost Wifi, bluetooth and Volume control are in 'notification area'. Just had to right click on the panel and add it 'notification area'.

:popcorn: