PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting started with code::blocks

lilezek
February 28th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone. Recently I changed to Linux, Ubuntu (9.10). I decided to try the Code::Blocks IDE here but I'm getting problems with it. I could run it once, but it closed when I was defining wx global variable (to start with wxWidgets). Next of that I can't run it again. I tryied with terminal and this is what it output:

...@...-desktop:~$ codeblocks
codeblocks: relocation error: /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so.0: symbol _Z18wxSafeConvertWX2MBPKw, version WXU_2.8.2 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

I have no idea about what that error means. So I posted here.

Thanks for read.

azagaros
February 28th, 2010, 06:42 PM
what my experience with code blocks on Ubuntu 9.10 hasn't been favorable. It seems to be a resource hog and I might go to codelite to fix the problem.

After looking at your error it says something isn't found in a library. How did you install everything? did you get the updates to the wxlib through the symantic package manager?

Hope this points you in the right direction..my guess is code:: blocks expects 2.8.2 min and what you have is 2.8.0 more or less.

lilezek
February 28th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Hope this points you in the right direction..my guess is code:: blocks expects 2.8.2 min and what you have is 2.8.0 more or less.

I think so:

sudo aptitude search libwx
p libwx-perl - interface to wxWidgets cross-platform GUI toolkit
p libwx-perl-dialog-perl - abstract dialog class for simple dialog creation
p libwx-perl-processstream-perl - access IO of external processes via events (Wx::Perl module)
i A libwxbase2.6-0 - wxBase library (runtime) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets
i libwxbase2.6-dbg - wxBase library (debug) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets to
i A libwxbase2.6-dev - wxBase library (development) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidg
i A libwxbase2.8-0 - wxBase library (runtime) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets
i A libwxbase2.8-dbg - wxBase library (debug) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidgets to
i A libwxbase2.8-dev - wxBase library (development) - non-GUI support classes of wxWidg
i libwxgtk2.6-0 - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ runtime)
i libwxgtk2.6-dbg - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ development)
i libwxgtk2.6-dev - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ development)
i libwxgtk2.8-0 - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ runtime)
i libwxgtk2.8-dbg - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ debugging)
i libwxgtk2.8-dev - wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ development)
i libwxsmithlib0 - wxSmith shared library
i libwxsmithlib0-dev - wxSmith development metapackage
p libwxsvg-dev - C++ library to create, manipulate and render SVG files
p libwxsvg0 - C++ library to create, manipulate and render SVG files

SledgeHammer_999
February 28th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I suppose you installed the nightly builds and the one that was in the official repository. These builds use a newer version of wxWidgets

Anywayz to get newest possible build of wxWidgets take a look here-->http://wiki.wxpython.org/InstallingOnUbuntuOrDebian

lilezek
March 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM
I suppose you installed the nightly builds and the one that was in the official repository. These builds use a newer version of wxWidgets

Anywayz to get newest possible build of wxWidgets take a look here-->http://wiki.wxpython.org/InstallingOnUbuntuOrDebian

Imposible obtener = Impossible to obtain

W: Imposible obtener http://apt.wxwidgets.org/dists/karmic-wx/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz 404 Not Found

W: Imposible obtener http://apt.wxwidgets.org/dists/karmic-wx/main/source/Sources.gz 404 Not Found

SledgeHammer_999
March 1st, 2010, 09:54 PM
Yes it doesn't work for me either. I forgot to mention it. Use jaunty-wx instead of karmic-wx.

htrex
May 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Yes it doesn't work for me either. I forgot to mention it. Use jaunty-wx instead of karmic-wx.

I had the exact same problem on lucid 64.
Lucid repos are not there yet, anyway managed to solve the problem using jaunty repos:
deb http://apt.wxwidgets.org/ jaunty-wx main

the package there is just 2.8.10.1-1 instead of 2.8.10.1-0ubuntu1 but that seems enough....

Axilus
May 9th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone. Recently I changed to Linux, Ubuntu (9.10). I decided to try the Code::Blocks IDE here but I'm getting problems with it. I could run it once, but it closed when I was defining wx global variable (to start with wxWidgets). Next of that I can't run it again. I tryied with terminal and this is what it output:

...@...-desktop:~$ codeblocks
codeblocks: relocation error: /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so.0: symbol _Z18wxSafeConvertWX2MBPKw, version WXU_2.8.2 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

I have no idea about what that error means. So I posted here.

Thanks for read.

I highly recommend using Netbeans instead (if you like me and love pretty GUI's and advanced features). I tried code::blocks in my earlier days, but it doesn't compare IMHO.