PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Acrobat 9 acroread libqtcurve.so ELFCLASS64 (solved)

wd5gnr
February 28th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Just fixed something that has been bugging me and thought it might help some one else.

In Kubuntu, I had a previously working acroread (Acrobat 9) that seemed to suddenly quit working. I don't run it much so whatever I did to break it wasn't apparent.

The message when running acroread from the terminal was:

(acroread:27538): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libqtcurve.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(acroread:27538): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libqtcurve.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

So I realized that there was no 32 bit qtcurve theme and then I remembered that in System Settings, Appearance there is a GTK+ Appearance icon. In there the Widget style was set to QtCurve. Changing the style to Raleigh (the only other choice) got it working.

Yeah, yeah. I know. There are other PDF readers, etc. etc. But I thought someone might find this useful.

gatman3
April 6th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Wonderful! Worked for me too. :guitar:

Initially I had no joy with your suggestion, but it looks like the reason was that I had a few pdf documents already open in firefox using the acrobat plugin. Once I closed firefox and tried again it worked like a champ.

Thanks for posting this solution.

davemc
February 13th, 2011, 09:15 AM
google chrome generates the same warning in Lucid Kubuntu AMD64.

(npviewer.bin:16524): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libqtcurve.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64