PDA

View Full Version : Dont you think cell phones are being more and more multifunctional?

samantha_
February 28th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Does it seem to you that more and more things are being crammed into a phone these days?

I just recieved a phone I bought a while ago on ebay.
Even though its from china...
it replaces
1. My camera (phone has 11mp)
2. TV (some of it can be viewed on the phone using the inbuilt antena)
3. My other unlocked cellphone (I have two, one of them I take with me while on vacation. However, this phone has two sim cards I can switch between)
4. Mp3 Player
5. Has touchscreen + internet, so I actually dont use my laptop's internet at all unless im in front of it.
6. A-GPS

amazing considering cell phones that I could get here dont have all of that stuff :(
It cost $140 USD and it replaced all of the above. wow.

blueshiftoverwatch
February 28th, 2010, 04:46 AM
I like the fact that cell phones are multi-functional. I have a cell phone that I also use as a GPS device, camera, and an MP3 player. If it could only make phone calls I'd rarely use the thing as I'm usually not a big phone talker. But with the other added functions I can listen to music, keep from getting lost, and take pictures with only one small device.

If they weren't included I would probably have an MP3 player. But would have never bought a GPS or camera. Much less carry them around with me all the time, which would sort of defeat the purpose. Because the only time that you want to take a picture of something is when you don't have a camera. Likewise, if I'm riding in someone else's car I probably wouldn't have my GPS in my pocket "just in case", I hate carrying tons of stuff around. With my cell phone it's always there.

The only downside is that the more functions that you have crammed into one thing the greater the odds of something going wrong and the lesser your battery life.