PDA

View Full Version : Which recording option to "series link" in myth

geekyhawkes
February 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Right, i am slightly confused as to what each of the myth recording options do.

Say i want to record every episode of Top gear (but not several copies of the same episode) which option do i want?

In Sky its just a simple series link option.

Thanks

nickrout
February 27th, 2010, 09:59 PM
it very much depends on howgood your epg data is, but "record at any tim eon this channel" and "check for duplicates on subtitle THEN description".

geekyhawkes
February 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks for that. My next question is can i set this up as a (WAF proof) single button press recording option?

nickrout
February 28th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks for that. My next question is can i set this up as a (WAF proof) single button press recording option?

not as far as i know.

gwagchunks
February 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM

Ahh geekyhawkes, I'm with you on this one! If I had a 1 for every time the Missus asked me why my super-duper myth box doesn't do series link I'd have about 100 by now and a lot less grey hair!!! She has gone off in a huff as Dancing on Ice has not recorded because ITV on freeview keeps crashing and I forget to record it off satellite, then it did not record off satellite properly... Oh well, hopefully it will be alright once I get my aerial boosted! I usually find what program I want in the guide (for example Eastenders) and make sure its on the right channel and the right time, bbc1, not bbc three for example, then press I for options, then select record at any time on this channel. This usually works quite well, it's usually clever enough to record at primetimes, not a repeat early in the morning with a person doing sign language in the corner. I did this for the olympic highlights, and it all recorded OK, except for a couple of days, but that may have been me messing up the recording override schedule.

geekyhawkes
March 1st, 2010, 07:15 PM
Sounds good, is there anyway I can make this happend with one button press? I could then map it to waf friendly button on the remote.

nickrout
March 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM
No! Why do you keep asking the same question?

geekyhawkes
March 1st, 2010, 09:44 PM
Just hoping someone might have a script tucked away somewhere i guess. I will put this on a to do list to try and resolve.

gwagchunks
March 3rd, 2010, 01:37 PM
Just hoping someone might have a script tucked away somewhere i guess. I will put this on a to do list to try and resolve.

I have a button on my remote that brings up the program schedule, and then press the button mapped to "R" (record), if you keep pressing R you see that the icon toggles from S to F to A (or something like that). I leave it on A (All). This usually works pretty well. Check upcoming recordings to see what's going to record.

SiHa
March 3rd, 2010, 08:33 PM
I have a button on my remote that brings up the program schedule, and then press the button mapped to "R" (record), if you keep pressing R you see that the icon toggles from S to F to A (or something like that). I leave it on A (All). This usually works pretty well. Check upcoming recordings to see what's going to record.

Thanks! I didn't know about the repeat keypresses. Unfortunately, it doesn't cycle through all the options (like record at any time on this channel), but the 'A' is any time on any channel, which should do as long as duplicate matching is bwing used.

geekyhawkes
March 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
great thanks very much. I didnt know pressing the button again would cycle through. Have to see how the EPG data is working out and if i get duplicates.